Active Topics

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Battery consumption great!
Yesterday before went to bed it was 11% and I left jolla without charging over night because I want to empty battery to 0.
In the morning still 9% !!!
WOW
(only 2g, Wlan on)

The Following User Says Thank You to matimilko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Marlborough, Wiltshire, UK
I can also confirm that once NFC has been turned off overnight discharge rate has dropped from approx. 20% to approx. 2% .

Well worth doing as it prevents unnecessary accidental deep discharge of the battery and so will considerably extend its serviceable life. Lithium cells have a short life if contiguously subjected to deep discharge. Try not to discharge below 70% of capacity.

Richard

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
I can also confirm that once NFC has been turned off overnight discharge rate has dropped from approx. 20% to approx. 2% .

Well worth doing as it prevents unnecessary accidental deep discharge of the battery and so will considerably extend its serviceable life. Lithium cells have a short life if contiguously subjected to deep discharge. Try not to discharge below 70% of capacity.

Richard
How can you turn off NFC? This means no need to mask tohd service?

Sorry I meant stop the service - "mask" to prevent restart on reboot then stop it.

Check running status before and after with:

ps aux|grep tohd

The below commands issed as root worked for me:

systemctl mask tohd.service
systemctl stop tohd.service

Restart it with:

systemctl unmask tohd.service
systemctl start tohd.service

Info and picture here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2013/...nsumption.html

More here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...tery-life.html

Richard

The Following User Says Thank You to richardski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by richardski View Post
Sorry I meant stop the service - "mask" to prevent restart on reboot then stop it.

Check running status before and after with:

ps aux|grep tohd

The below commands issed as root worked for me:

systemctl mask tohd.service
systemctl stop tohd.service

Restart it with:

systemctl unmask tohd.service
systemctl start tohd.service

Info and picture here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.fi/2013/...nsumption.html

More here:

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.co.uk/20...tery-life.html

Richard
OK that was what I thought

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
After 48Hrs light use battery at 80% so a definite improvement.

Once I get a spare OTH I can cut a slot in it and use a jumper cable to take the battery outside the case where meaningful current and voltage readings can be obtained and logged over time
Richard

anyone reported battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running and disabled tohd service ?

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
anyone reported battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running and disabled tohd service ?
I was the one reporting battery consumption with Mitakuuluu running a couple of days ago, but I already disabled tohd.service long, long before that. In fact, I also tried to re-disable it before reporting (that's the first cause for the battery drain I thought of), and it didn't work, so I supposed it could be a regression in the latest version of Mitakuuluu (a thing that coderus excluded with stinging sarcasm, so I deleted my hypotesis and subsequent irritated answer when my mind colded down ).
But I'm still experiencing an occasional, strange, erratic, difficult to reproduce battery drain I can't still find the cause of, because usually rebooting fixes it.
For example, today I had my usual setup running (Mitakuuluu, mail app and settings app running, nothing else open, wifi and 3g enabled) and started to notice my battery going down rapidly (from 100% to 93% in less than 2 hours spent mostly with the phone just in standby, that's very fast for my usage experience).
I rebooted the phone, and consumption got back to normal.
The first time I had ~50% of battery drain overnight, while usually it is less than 10% (always with the same set of apps running and the same internet settings), and a reboot also fixed it. Still don't understand what triggers it though (I'm done with hypotesis and bug reporting, I'll just wait the eventual fix).

Last edited by Watchmaker; 2014-01-24 at 16:03.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
@Watchmaker

The quick battery drain may be related to aliendalvik service if you have android compatibilty installed.

Type the folowing command in terminal to stop it:

systemctl stop aliendalvik.service

To restart it, just load an android app.

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2014-01-24 at 16:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I did not experience such a drain with any build of Mitakuuluu. In fact, with or without this app, the idle battery consumption is very low : about 2 - 4 percentage points during the night.

I would say it's quite impressive, Wazzap for the N9 was not so efficient.
Beside showing the quality of Mitakuuluu, I think theses good results show mainly the quality of Sailfish: very efficient power management and sane way to connect to the internet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post: