Notices

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
worked in one shot, very clear tuto, thx!!
how can I add/change things like Ip adress(lets say I want cpu temperature or something to be displayed...

I also wanted the numbers bigger, and the background, but I'm happy
Resizing is easy, just adjust the widget height and width as well as the scale (which will appear if you scroll down, set the different scales (for text/image/title etc.) at your desired level. There is a post earlier in this thread that explains how to do this.

Things like getting CPU temp to be displayed are not in my know how, as mentioned earlier, I just followed the instructions of the original HTC style flip clock and wrote an easy to understand version of the same instructions.

I'm really a QBW noob my self, so won't be able to help you display anything different, other than what's instructed in this guide.

The actual author/creator of the HTC style flip clock widget is Darkgunman, and his post is linked in the first post of my thread.

You may have to contact him for further assistance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by junieboi View Post
kudos for the post, reached section 4 got the desired results so far, but @ sec 4.3 i don't get the same text in my box, see attached screenshot, any assistance required
Hmm that is weird. I honestly do not know why, all I can say is, if you followed each and every step correctly then you should get the same text in the box as everyone else, I am not sure you your text is different.

All I can say is completely delete that widget and create it again from scratch, sometimes I find that these widgets bug for no apparent reason, even if you do everything right.

Rather than editing or changing the same one, I just delete it completely and re-create it from scratch following the instructions from my first post.

If this still does not solve your problem, then you will have to contact one of the creators who's threads I have linked in my first post, as they will have the knowledge of how to help you.

I just translated their work into a simple, easy to understand user guide, I am not the creator my self.

Hope this helps.

why dont i have something like this "y=id37 m=id38 d1=id39 d2=id40 w=id" under my "edit cmd"?

what's showing is "echo test && exit 0".. what am I doing wrong? im not a techy person but I tried to follow what's on the instruction.. please help, i really do want this HTC-like clock.. Thanks..

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by chaithebest View Post
why dont i have something like this "y=id37 m=id38 d1=id39 d2=id40 w=id" under my "edit cmd"?

what's showing is "echo test && exit 0".. what am I doing wrong? im not a techy person but I tried to follow what's on the instruction.. please help, i really do want this HTC-like clock.. Thanks..
are you checking it in panel's settings ?

yes.. but i think i'll just give it another shot to re-do the whole instruction later.. wish me luck.. thanks..

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by chaithebest View Post
yes.. but i think i'll just give it another shot to re-do the whole instruction later.. wish me luck.. thanks..
lol
best of luck !

The Following User Says Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
just done it.. successful.. Thanks!!

I have been able to get this widget working. Thanks to members who are keeping the device alive. You guys are doing amazing stuff!

I would like to get the city name to the left of the weather image that is shown. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to lakshman.mn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Harkema
i really dont know what you mean with ''advanced settings'' in section 3 step 6 i go to filebox but there is no advanced settings and also not in settings plz help

Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
i really dont know what you mean with ''advanced settings'' in section 3 step 6 i go to filebox but there is no advanced settings and also not in settings plz help
Advanced settings is not in filebox, you only use filebox to open a text file and copy that text. Thats it.

Advanced settings is in the settings of the beecon you create.

So after you copy the text as instruced. You go back to the desktop screen, go to the option of adding new widget, click QueenBeecon and press ok

Then on this widget you just added, go to settings, once the settings window opens, look to the bottom right corner of this window, it will have an option saying advanced. Thats the one you click, this is the advanced setings option.

Follow the rest of the guide from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post: