I am now on 1.1. Is it a must for me to first upgrade to 1.1.1 before joining the 1.2 camp? Thanks all.

Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Tried to translate that page from German to Swedish and it all becomes just gibberish. 'Flasher' was translated as the person who shows his naked parts to anyone walking by.
sorry, that was too funny, nearly spilled my coke on my laptop..

Wtf? where is the option to i.m my skype contacts? it was there before the update
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
WHy cant we just get what we where promised??????????????

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
ok my two penneth worth after a few hours of having the update......media player widget still broken and has to be removed and re-applied to get to work.....thought this was a bug fix? & having loaded back up my apps the phone is almost the same as before this update....and still missing voice navigation and no flash upgrade....and we should be happy with this update.????....$%$% me...i was told by nokia in febuary that flash 10, voice sat nav and a fully working pc suite was coming very soon as a big download.????? (more nokia B.S) thought this was supposed to be a flasgship phone with all the experience of a pc in your pocket? ...any how most flash sites now require flash 10.1 .....the whole internet experience is a joke now as most sites dont work correctly or not at all.
reports seem to suggest flash 10.1 is not coming to the n900? can they really s**t in our faces like this? can nokia do that? I bought this phone to make full use of the full internet experience that it was said to deliver....how can that be so if nokia fail to deliver us flash 10.1?

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
oops spoke to soon...
just got an unrecoverable fatal error, aborting

failed to write status record about wget to /var/lib/dpkg/status: no space left on device.

sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

battery is about half way... hopefully it last until i get home later on and plug it in... not gone try to reboot meanwhile

originally had 43mb on the rootfs
Not good, the battery was running down very quick, some processes showed at about 45% use so i turn it off and now only showing the nokia screen and keeps rebooting, does not even show the little animated lights...

does anyone have some emergency recovery steps i can follow to recover?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Need help with the OTA update, keeps asking to be done via nokia software update application on the pc ? confused

Via wifi on voda but issued from MPD

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
Not good, the battery was running down very quick, some processes showed at about 45% use so i turn it off and now only showing the nokia screen and keeps rebooting, does not even show the little animated lights...

does anyone have some emergency recovery steps i can follow to recover?
found some emergency steps here
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ng/td-p/593949

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by Missingbyte View Post
Need help with the OTA update, keeps asking to be done via nokia software update application on the pc ? confused

Via wifi on voda but issued from MPD
you need to reinstall the old firmware via the NSU then the OTA will work.

The Following User Says Thank You to neotalk For This Useful Post:
Have anybody who have been using the original Lehto overclocking kernels get OTA update in UK?
Where the fw version is not known.