Posts: 218 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Slovakia
so I assume you have one too. or you do not talk from yout own experiences?

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
so I assume you have one too. or you do not talk from yout own experiences?
I have a silver, curved and amoled N950 with half ram. Used to have 512mb swap and worked fine. (Slightly lag at around 5 apps) Now I'm trying to swap 1GB.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
If you think you have the slightest chance to succeed you are delusional. Plus, you'll ruin two very expensive phones, basically throwing out your money on the window.

Also, I'd say you are already doing that. You demonstrated that you neither have software or hardware knowledge required to operate and hack these phones. Come on, you don't even know the most basic Linux commands, and you can't locate the RAM chip on the PCB.
Don't be bad please.

I have confirmed by engineer that replacing EMMC chip would be possible /technically/ without any damage done. if those chips are the same from below, can be replaced.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rusnak-COBRA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
n950, why don't you try to put 1gb ram onto the N900 where not much harm is done if you fail, and if you succeed once or twice, you try it on the proto.

You'll also be able to sell those N900's easily if you do it.
I must agree. Espiecially that it would awesome to have an n900 with 1gb of ram. I might even think about buying such device. Really, it's not point in modifying these protos. They are worth much more untouched. If you're a collector, keep them. If you want to destroy them or do anything to them, sell them. Seriously, don't do anything to them.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Rusnak-COBRA View Post
I have confirmed by engineer that replacing EMMC chip would be possible /technically/ without any damage done. if those chips are the same from below, can be replaced.
Well yeah if chips are compatible. But they have more than 20 soldered connections you would need to heat them up all at the same time in order to remove the chip.

n950 don't take this to the heart I know people aren't being very supportive of you, but they don't want to you break your two really great devices.

When such chips are soldered they use xray to align the pins on more complex chips

If you still plan to go through with it I wish you best of luck and I really hope you succeed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Holy ****. This is a sure way to ruin two $1000 devices.

Without very, very expensive soldering stations, with a very careful operator doing the replacement, you'll almost certainly wreck it.

The RAM is literally on top of the CPU, the pins of which are incredibly tiny. You will not get the solder balls on them without the right mask.

Also, cleaning the CPU's POP contacts would be an almighty b***h.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Holy ****. This is a sure way to ruin two $1000 devices.

Without very, very expensive soldering stations, with a very careful operator doing the replacement, you'll almost certainly wreck it.

The RAM is literally on top of the CPU, the pins of which are incredibly tiny. You will not get the solder balls on them without the right mask.

Also, cleaning the CPU's POP contacts would be an almighty b***h.
I will not do the work.
A company do the work for me.
I am not mad

The Following User Says Thank You to n950 For This Useful Post:
company, yes. but how they'll have that soldering mask for balls? mass storage should not be much problem, when someone experienced and careful take care. but RAM? no way!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusnak-COBRA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
why...... would you ruin those poor things you are a monster. DX

Tags
arie<3n950, so me farts, teacher leave, them kids alone, they wa waa