Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
I'll start from the beginning. My N9's power button doesn't work its too loose and doesn't press the trigger. Ok, so last night I forgot to put the N9 into charging and the charge ran all out and it shut off. I don't know how to turn it back on without the power button so I've tried to charge it first. simple right? but when it started to turn on, it went to the Meego/Nitdroid multiboot screen and won't shift from there.

Now since my power button doesn't work, I don't know how to restart it. I've tried to use flasher, but my computer(windows 7) doesn't detect the N9 in the multiboot screen freeze mode.

All it is doing now is just stuck on the multiboot screen. I will probably have to wait til the battery dies again due to the screen being on, but then what would I do? I try to charge it, it will go back to that multiboot screen.

Edit: If someone had N9 drivers for windows 7, that would be really helpful too. My N9 hasn't been added to the Nokia suite yet.....
Im trying to install QtSDK right now. Maybe it could work....

Last edited by nonikhanna; 2013-06-27 at 20:24.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Get the Win7 drivers from here...

What you should do is a cold flash of default kernel only. Use the -c parameter to do a cold flash so even if the device is turned on, AFAIK, it should shut it down and flash the NOLO before flashing the default kernel...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Get the Win7 drivers from here...

What you should do is a cold flash of default kernel only. Use the -c parameter to do a cold flash so even if the device is turned on, AFAIK, it should shut it down and flash the NOLO before flashing the default kernel...
Okay I think my battery has gone down to 0. But I think I still have to flash the default kernel right? Cuz then if I turn on the N9 while it is charging, then it will be stuck on the multi boot screen again right?

is the command for cold flash "flasher -c"?

Since its at 0% now, flash the regular kernel so it can boot without using multiboot kernel. For cold-flashing, its flasher -c -f -F rootfs.bin

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Since its at 0% now, flash the regular kernel so it can boot without using multiboot kernel. For cold-flashing, its flasher -c -f -F rootfs.bin
Thanks im onto it! btw rootfs.bin is the main firmware file right? the 1.2gb one?

ahhh it rebooted and im stuck in the multiboot screen again. ok im Trying the cold flash command you posted in the multiboot screen but its not being detected. says usb interface not found. Please help

Last edited by nonikhanna; 2013-06-27 at 18:22.

Ok Im trying to do the cold flash, but it gives me this error.

CreateFile, error=5

did I use the wrong command?

Please if anyone has any idea that could help, pleasee help. its been stuck for 2 days now. I tried to follow Everything N9's guide but everytime it tries to boot up, it gets stuck on the multiboot screen, and I have to wait hours for the battery to die out before I can try again.

Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
Ok Im trying to do the cold flash, but it gives me this error.

CreateFile, error=5

did I use the wrong command?
Could you post the output of the cold flash?

it was a bunch of createFile, error=5. in a column. They kept on going on and on. but now, the N9 isnt being detected by the flasher. so I can't even do anything except wait for the battery to die out.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Did you try to boot.on nitdroid wait for charging, then go back to multiboot and run meego.

I had this problem few times since i got open mode and sillyboot.

The problem is meego have to load before charging, so if you're battery is empty, you can't boot on meego.