Active Topics

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Progger View Post
Ösis should wait :P (joke^^)

I also orded at computeruniverse.de and their changed the delivery date of N900 to THEM from 27.11.2009 to "unknown" ("Liefertermin leider nicht bekannt (Aktuelle unverbindliche Angabe unseres Lieferanten)") on 10.11.2009.

So I don't know either^^ Hope they get it on 27th anyway!
That's what I think too (regarding joke) ... so I can be the first in Ösis-Land

I first ordered at cyberport and changed to computeruniverse on the 16th of oct.
They told me 2 times to cancel my order and keep telling me they don't know anything.
We'll see ... I'm sure the N900 is the far better device than the Droid.
I just bought it because the N900 is not available by now (and nobody knows when) and I need something to play with in the meantime.

Maybe the waiting will have a lucky end soon since the 3 sim bug is told to be resolved.

Seriously you guys, I need this device..
This wait keeps me away from my studies

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
OK, that's a bit off-topic but does someone know when they will be delivered to austria or when other german resellers are able to deliver (especially computeruniverse.de is of interest)
I guess (really just a guess!) it will be a bit delayed, until the issues with the "Drei" network's SIM cards are fixed.

Or to quote http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/...gins-shipping/:

When the N900 launches it’ll be compatible with most networks, although it won’t initially be available on new 3G SIM cards from 3 in the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and Austria – a software update is in the pipeline and is slated to become available before the end of the year.
That said, it's working fine on Orange's network in Austria.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
I guess (really just a guess!) it will be a bit delayed, until the issues with the "Drei" network's SIM cards are fixed.

Or to quote http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/...gins-shipping/:

That said, it's working fine on Orange's network in Austria.
Thanks for that info ... additionally to say: the 3 sim card bug was only for uk networks and nobody knows if the behaviour with 3 sim cards in Austria is the same. It - for example - was no problem in Italy and it is said that older 3 sims are working well too. But who knows exactly until tested.

Nevertheless it wouldn't be a problem for me @ all because I have A1 for work and 3, Orange and T-Mobile sim-only contracts to have some private fun.
The only one who is aware of shipping to countries with 3 networks is Nokia. Just think of the people who will then rail against Nokia. That would be bad publicity for a new high-end device with a new revolutionary OS. ( they know this from the past, I think )

I only wish they would have been a bit more authentic in giving dates. This - mystical behaviour - pushes the hype for some time but will then suddenly change to rage distress and resignation.
( I know this ... I ran through all of the above mentioned steps )

Last edited by switch2ux; 2009-11-21 at 13:27.

Is it time to draw a line in the sand?
Maemoexperts

Originally Posted by switch2ux View Post
Is it time to draw a line in the sand?
Maemoexperts
My problem is, I don't know with which device I should draw the line in the sand...

Palm Pre is very slow from what I saw in the videos. But maybe IS an alternative. But I don't know if you can use BT for file transfers and the 8GB limit is...

iPhone It is a good phone. I had one, but you can only use it with a jailbreak. Otherwise you are fenced into a cage... a nice one but still a cage.

Motorola Droid Android is maybe a good operating system, but I had a HTC G1 an well... it will never have Android 2.0 or 1.6 so why did I bought this thing when it is outdated in 6 months?!

HTC HD2 Looks good, but well... I don't like Windows Mobile. And if you look at the cpu clock... it is crazy what power you need for running this operating system smoothly and well... I remember the batteries in HTC Touch Pro, G1 and HD... forget them

So only device left is the N900 and the waiting for it...

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Originally Posted by draco.bdn View Post
Motorola Droid Android is maybe a good operating system, but I had a HTC G1 an well... it will never have Android 2.0 or 1.6 so why did I bought this thing when it is outdated in 6 months?!
For the US, http://mobile.engadget.com/2009/10/0...t-mytouch-3gs/ says something different. For Germany, http://www.golem.de/0910/70579.html reports the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to jak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I wrote to Amazon.de regarding the N900 deliviery date.

Here the answer (sorry, only in german):

Originally Posted by Amazon.de
Guten Tag, Herr XXX,

und herzlichen Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung an Amazon.de.

Zu Ihrem Anliegen:

Gerne habe ich mich nun nochmals Ihrem Anliegen angenommen.

Wir möchten Ihnen einen effizienten und zufrieden stellenden Service bieten. Bitte entschuldigen Sie, dass wir in diesem Fall Ihre Erwartungen nicht erfüllen konnten.

Es tut mir ausgesprochen Leid, dass wir den Artikel nicht wie gewünscht beziehen können. Wir beziehen den Titel nicht über unsere Großhändler, sondern direkt beim Hersteller. In Einzelfällen kann es bei solchen Direktbestellungen zu Verzögerungen kommen

Derzeit kann ich Ihnen leider keinen genauen Liefertermin nennen. Ich kann Sie verstehen, daß Ihnen dies zu ungenau ist und Ihnen die Lieferung auch viel zu lange dauert. Es tut mir wirklich Leid, Ihnen in diesem Fall keine konkreten Informationen zukommen lassen zu können und bitte um Ihr Verständnis.

Sollte Ihnen die Wartezeit zu lang werden, können Sie den Titel online über "Mein Konto" stornieren.

Genauere Angaben oder eine Liefergarantie können wir nicht geben. Wir verstehen natürlich, dass das im Einzelfall etwas unbefriedigend sein kann. Es tut mir wirklich Leid, Sie diesbezüglich vertrösten zu müssen.

Herr XXX, ich möchte mich noch einmal für die Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen. Der Vorgang entspricht nicht dem Service, den Sie zu Recht von uns erwarten dürfen! Es würde mich freuen, wenn wir Sie bei nächster Gelegenheit vom Gegenteil überzeugen dürften!

Ich bitte um Ihr Verständnis und wünsche Ihnen noch ein schönes Wochenende.

Sorry, sorry and no date...

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Berlin
What I'm interested in is... seems like every country is being offered some rebate or discount through the online Nokia store for whatever reason. Is the online Nokia Germany shop offering any special offer or something to reward us for our patience and understanding?? I'm to the point where I will cancel my Nokia pre order and go to yagma.com or some other online handy shop where I can save €100 but get it later.

Originally Posted by draco.bdn View Post
My problem is, I don't know with which device I should draw the line in the sand...

iPhone It is a good phone. I had one, but you can only use it with a jailbreak. Otherwise you are fenced into a cage... a nice one but still a cage.

HTC HD2 Looks good, but well... I don't like Windows Mobile. And if you look at the cpu clock... it is crazy what power you need for running this operating system smoothly and well... I remember the batteries in HTC Touch Pro, G1 and HD... forget them

So only device left is the N900 and the waiting for it...
The IPhone is something I would never buy ... you cannot change the the battery and if jailbraked the battery wont last long
data transfer only with Apple Software,
no expansion slot for sd(hc) or other cards,

I do have a G1 (developer edition) and I was running 1.6 for a while, but then switched to cyanogen mod where most of the 2.0 feature are ported to G1

Last but not least ... Windows phones (till 6.5 so far) are a no go for me ... and I don't think this will get better with version 7 / only home screen look nice and is finger-friendly