Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
WTF!? I searched! I really searched before posting.

Sorry guys... nevermind. Mods, close up or merge.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
WTF!? I searched! I really searched before posting.

Sorry guys... nevermind. Mods, close up or merge.
heheh.. chalk another one up to the hideous search in TMO

I should have waited. Feel like a fool for spending $549 on mine.

Originally Posted by m_yates View Post
I should have waited. Feel like a fool for spending $549 on mine.
While I agree that I'm increasingly happy every day that I didn't buy one and I prefer my Motorola Droid's experience, you have to admit that the N900 is still not a bad little device compared to most. Especially if you're into Linux, scripting, Python/Perl/etc.

Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
That's on top of the $280 and 15% discount
You sure? The $289 states "If applicable". It seems like any discount is based on "what you have to trade", and is not guaranteed.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
While I agree that I'm increasingly happy every day that I didn't buy one and I prefer my Motorola Droid's experience, you have to admit that the N900 is still not a bad little device compared to most. Especially if you're into Linux, scripting, Python/Perl/etc.
Not bad? Perhaps I am missing something, but if you are into "Linux, scripting, Python/Perl/etc" I would say N900 is the ONLY choice. A comparison is not even possible at this time.

I also don't like rebates but I hope it is a sign of N900 dropping "standard" price to get additional units.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Rebates aren't a trustworthy discount. You rely on too many thing to go right AND the time involved before you get back your money is often open-ended. In case you didn't know, most retailers really prefer that you don't get the rebate.
That or you never get your rebate.

*glares at my missing $50 dollar rebate*

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by appnss View Post
Not bad? Perhaps I am missing something, but if you are into "Linux, scripting, Python/Perl/etc" I would say N900 is the ONLY choice. A comparison is not even possible at this time.

I also don't like rebates but I hope it is a sign of N900 dropping "standard" price to get additional units.
Not bad. It's probably one of the best choices, but not the only choice, no. Many comparisons are, in fact, possible. Whether you like it or not, it's possible. It's best to keep your mind open to such possibilities instead of dismissing them, if you're ever to notice them at all.

I, like others here have mentioned, doubt they're doing this to do much more than just clear out inventory in preparation of the newest device to replace it soon. Otherwise, maybe Nokia is just sick of the whole thing and going back to Symbian phones.

>>You sure? The $289 states "If applicable". It seems like any discount is based on "what you have to trade", and is not guaranteed.<<

I just bought one. Traded in an old Siemens phone, got $0.00 for it, but did get the $280 rebate receipt. Actually I ordered a N900 from Dell for $350 a couple of days ago, but got an email today saying that the shipment will be delayed and I can cancel the order if I don't want to wait. Guess what I did

Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
>>You sure? The $289 states "If applicable". It seems like any discount is based on "what you have to trade", and is not guaranteed.<<

I just bought one. Traded in an old Siemens phone, got $0.00 for it, but did get the $280 rebate receipt. Actually I ordered a N900 from Dell for $350 a couple of days ago, but got an email today saying that the shipment will be delayed and I can cancel the order if I don't want to wait. Guess what I did
Roger that. Mine got wet and the LCD backlight is out. It still functions but is really dim, and only visible if external light shines on it. Not sure I want to spend $100 on a new panel, if something else is shorted. $199 for an entire unit may be feasible. But as stated, rebates can be whack.