Poll: Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla
Poll Options
Are you interested in using the QX10/QX100 with Jolla

Originally Posted by Rogatti View Post
Physical keyboard on smartphones is a museum piece..
Rogatti, how does it feel to be a pet-customer, nicely trained by some bullsh|t marketing people?

No irony, I'm really interested - never understood this gray mass of sheep. If you're not trolling, but really believing in all those brainwash, feel free to PM me.
---

Now, as mentioned by some already - it's total off-topic in this thread, so please, shut it or bring it to PM, Don't make me call moderators to clear this mess

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Rogatti, how does it feel to be a pet-customer, nicely trained by some bullsh|t marketing people?

No irony, I'm really interested - never understood this gray mass of sheep. If you're not trolling, but really believing in all those brainwash, feel free to PM me.
---

Now, as mentioned by some already - it's total off-topic in this thread, so please, shut it or bring it to PM, Don't make me call moderators to clear this mess

/Estel
Sheesh Estel, no need to be a ***t.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
OMG now this is what I want on my Jolla

Sony announced another camera frontend to be used with mobile devices:
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in...e-qx1-body-kit

This is something else, it's a an APS-C sized stub with alpha-lensmount, and get it, the other end has a bayonetlike mount that could be connected directly to a TOH, no silly sideclipping needed :drool:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
How does it comunicate with the phone? WiFi I guess?

Must say that it's all seems a little less serious then I read this:
Built-in flash for bright results
Built-in flash is close to useless for good pictures. It can work as a fill in if the background is strongly lit and it's the last resort for triggering an external flash. That's it.

The Following User Says Thank You to evk For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by evk View Post
How does it comunicate with the phone? WiFi I guess?
Yep, it is connected via WLAN and has an open(ish) API so should be doable with minimal effort.
I looked into it briefly when the previous versions were introduced, but as it was not that groundbreaking did not start to write anything yet.

Originally Posted by evk View Post
Must say that it's all seems a little less serious then I read this:

Built-in flash is close to useless for good pictures. It can work as a fill in if the background is strongly lit and it's the last resort for triggering an external flash. That's it.
I suppose you need not use it, it'd be really strange if you could not turn off da flash...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I like that this camera module has a Xenon flash.

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
OMG now this is what I want on my Jolla

Sony announced another camera frontend to be used with mobile devices:
http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in...e-qx1-body-kit

This is something else, it's a an APS-C sized stub with alpha-lensmount, and get it, the other end has a bayonetlike mount that could be connected directly to a TOH, no silly sideclipping needed :drool:
After used QX100 with latest firmware Playmemories for a while, I'm still a bit disappointed with WiFi connection, it's still unstable, laggy and sometimes lost connection (especially if in the range of a known wlan)

Don't know why Sony doesn't make it connect with Bluetooth? Wlan is a pain...

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
After used QX100 with latest firmware Playmemories for a while, I'm still a bit disappointed with WiFi connection, it's still unstable, laggy and sometimes lost connection (especially if in the range of a known wlan)

Don't know why Sony doesn't make it connect with Bluetooth? Wlan is a pain...
WLAN has lot higher bandwidth than BT. Using BT it would take ages and ages to transfer anything between the camera module and the controlling device.

If you have problems with WLAN, you can only vaguely imagine what it would be like with BT

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
WLAN has lot higher bandwidth than BT. Using BT it would take ages and ages to transfer anything between the camera module and the controlling device.

If you have problems with WLAN, you can only vaguely imagine what it would be like with BT
You are right, but WLAN isn't perfect either, especially sometimes connected with camera the system started to check updates and connect some wifi only stuff. Meanwhile you can't receive whatsapp msgs, if I use the camera for a long time still inconvenient though.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
You are right, but WLAN isn't perfect either, especially sometimes connected with camera the system started to check updates and connect some wifi only stuff. Meanwhile you can't receive whatsapp msgs, if I use the camera for a long time still inconvenient though.
I'd imagine it should work so that when you connect your device to the camera hotspot, the camera will not send any routing-related DHCP options to your device.
If it's done correctly your 3G connection should stay up as the primary network interface and you should be able to access the net normally thru it.

Tags
camera, jolla, other-half, pureview+++, qx-10, qx100