Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
My vote goes to 7 rm250j.

While most of us had to get a good shot by approaching tamer and less easily spooked animals (or cleverly luring them in), rm250j shows that a nice shot can also come with the avian subject in the middle ground. And with a nice foreground of the trees and barbed wire (!!!) to frame the shot and the harbor and hills in the back! Works for me.

But nice photos everybody. Loved seeing the variety of approaches and subjects this month.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
A little sun is all that was missing!
I like the portrait choice and composition. The goose are well placed in the mid 1/3 and already clearly visible with nice details. You really would have deserved some sun during that moment.
Yes, the sun sure would have helped. All my warm days lately have been overcast. (They say if you don't like the weather in the temperate zones you wait a day, but one's not always free when it's nice. And then sometimes there are heavy snow showers on Easter Sunday!)

Something else that would have come in handy would've been if I'd had ste-phan's reflexes and steady hand -- which still amazes me -- to get a moving bike shot of a surprise subject: just a few minutes before I caught the geese feeding, I rode by two others squabbling on a pond, chasing each other around half flying, half kicking up spray with their webbed feet running along the surface. Now that would have been action! Oh well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Hello,
as this is my first message on the board just to mention I'm the proud owner of a N9. I gave it originally as a present to my wife, but she complained a while ago about not having Whatsapp on it. So I didn't argue but instead took it back happily and gave her a Samung Android. And then naturally installed Whatsapp on the N9 for myself.

Anyway I didn't get a photo yet so I just vote: My vote goes to catbus - this was purely triggered by missing the snow in my home country.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spfoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Hong Kong
I vote for Mosen #2 great shot. I was using a Nexus 4 running Ubuntu Touch for those who wanted to know,

J

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rm250j For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
My vote goes for Mosen. Nice picture and great camping skills.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Mosen! However, shouldn't the voting be closed...?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Nice pictures, all. Too bad I did not get a birdshot this month.
I'll go for #8, Pichlo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Voting is by convention set to three days. I opened it at 10:47 BST on 2016-03-30 so technically it should run till 10:47 BST on 2016-04-02. I will not be able to close it at that time but if no one objects, I can close it now. Or let Half-Life_4_Life do it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
I think we should extend it to tomorrow but if you want to close it now, go ahead.

Thanks again for helping out when I'm busy.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I can close it tomorrow morning, about 09:00 BST. That would give us three days minus two hours.
Please keep the votes coming. You have more or less exactly 15 hours!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
action, birds, camera, competition, march, phone