Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Its sad for me that i cannot wear size 8 shoes on my size 12 foot.. can anyone help me with that? plzzz
Hey daneel, if u plzz cannot help any1 then at least dont make fun of their problem. chill out...

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by CooL_HunK View Post
Hey daneel, if u plzz cannot help any1 then at least dont make fun of their problem. chill out...
But ... but... don't you see the impossible nature of your request?

What you asked us to help you with was equivalent to asking how to fit 5 gallons of milk into a container than store only 3 gallons.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
What kind of effort have you made to make this happen? What have you contributed to make anything you say worth a damn?

It is easy to sit by the sidelines and throw feces. It is harder to actually get into the middle of it and try to improve things. Certainly, there is a team working on making improvements to what is open sourced on Maemo 5, and other rewriting some parts which are not.

While I'm disappointed in the progress of MeeGo and I'm concerned that it will not end up making an impact on anything, I'm not going to be rude about my opinion of this. I still hope for the best, but my expectations are rather low.
What can i do as a mere person on my own but i tell you this community is far more capable to make an impression.
I have looked at the progress of MeeGo so far and it is clear to see they are NOT developing this for the N900 as the efforts are just not acceptable after this amount of time they have been at it, so you should see the work is more for the future development of new devices and not the N900.

OK i have an idea and as you have said what have i done, well apart from try to get everyone to realise what is going on they simply sit back and wait for it to happen and trust in the MeeGo dev team to make this miracle os for the 900 and it is just not happening is it so here is just my idea.....

This organisation is called Maemo.org and MeeGo is another site from this one and a site i have kept away from because my interests are only with the N900, the CSSU is kind of progressing but not getting very far in my estimation but i do feel very strongly that the only future that can exsist for the N900 is in fact Maemo and not MeeGo because of the hardware limitations involved.

Having said that i have an idea i will kick off and it will all depend on the members of this community as to how far it gets.

its not even a problem to begin with.. if u want to install meego 1.2 go buy yourself a microsd card that was recommended.. at least 4gb.. *facepalm* man, where have you been?

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy, Lombardia
Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
But ... but... don't you see the impossible nature of your request?

What you asked us to help you with was equivalent to asking how to fit 5 gallons of milk into a container than store only 3 gallons.
It is impossible to install a 5 gallons tank on the same space used by 3 gallons tank, but if you are only interested to the milk (MeeGo) it is of course possible to use a 3 gallons tank because the total milk presents (on your 5 gallons tank) is about 2 gallons.

You must extravasate from one tank to another.

But today's MicroSD prices tell us that it is more simple and fast to buy a 4GB microsd

Last edited by Fabry; 2011-05-25 at 09:29.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
If i had the original code for the N900 then even i would have a crack at it and do a hell of a lot more then has been done so far but there is the problem you see and untill the day Nokia release everything for their abondoned device we will have the same thing over and over with nothing more than a put together that does not work very well at all if at all.

TMO is for the N900 so why does it not push for the code needed? have you any idea at all what difference it would make if it was available?.
As MeeGo is open you can view and edit the code, just need to do a lil searching on their repos. I mean the MeeGo code from Nokia for our lil N900 is basically just slightly updated but based upon the original maemo code running on our N900's atm. Such as the telepathy stuff and phone apps. All of the code for Maemo phone application is in the MeeGo phone application BUT the MeeGo one is probably slightly updated and COMPLETELY OPEN!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
the CSSU is kind of progressing but not getting very far in my estimation
I am not flaming at ya or anything, I really don't see the point with childish arguments on this forums. Its just some people seem to grow Internet balls and start stupid arguments that waste time..

If you don't feel the CSSU progession isn't great which I do in actual fact disagree with as IMO the CSSU is miles better then what ANY phone manufacturer has ever pulled off with the amount of updates and features included

You are a developer or used to be, so dust up your prgramming and take up some CSSU projects! Maybe help rewrite open sources replacements for the base closed source applications within Maemo.

You can try and use the open MeeGo code and then use that to help create the reqrites, this would allow the community to do all the bug fixes themselves and also would mean that YOU will be able to show your skill and even make our N900 better. fterall a community is meant for people to contrubute their talents and help everyone out.

If I could program Qt,QML,GTK or any of them, I would definately help with these rewrites, unfortunately im swamped with exams and college work

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I am not flaming at ya or anything, I really don't see the point with childish arguments on this forums. Its just some people seem to grow Internet balls and start stupid arguments that waste time..

If you don't feel the CSSU progession isn't great which I do in actual fact disagree with as IMO the CSSU is miles better then what ANY phone manufacturer has ever pulled off with the amount of updates and features included

You are a developer or used to be, so dust up your prgramming and take up some CSSU projects! Maybe help rewrite open sources replacements for the base closed source applications within Maemo.

You can try and use the open MeeGo code and then use that to help create the reqrites, this would allow the community to do all the bug fixes themselves and also would mean that YOU will be able to show your skill and even make our N900 better. fterall a community is meant for people to contrubute their talents and help everyone out.

If I could program Qt,QML,GTK or any of them, I would definately help with these rewrites, unfortunately im swamped with exams and college work
I have just read both of your posts in reply to mine this minute and i could say so much it would fill a few pages, i agree with your comments on most everything buttt sadly to say i believe strongly that if a job is worth doing it must be done right and that is where the problem begins......

Maemo is as you said far better than MeeGo would ever be for the N900 as lets face it it was designed and written by Nokia, if only only the drivers were that easy with all the closed components then i would have a stab at it regardless.

To emulate an os on an sd is not my way at all as it must be a complete flashable image over the current os, the bme alone is going to cripple that sufice to say without any of the other components so where does someone start?.

Since my last post on this thread i kicked off a poll for this community to try and get some movement on here towards squeezing some essentials out of Nokia for the CSSU, now the CSSU i have nothing but admiration for because them guys as you say have done bloody well considering and i know they are a minute away from the image i strive for as a working flashable os for the n900.

Yes i argue on here with some but it kind of vents my frustration at Nokia because i am more than peed of with them i can tell you, do not take any of my arguments serious as i am just as childish as the portrayers themselves at times and it kind of lands me in deep water haha.

Water off a ducks back but end of the day i would really love this community to make the impression they are sooo close too on Maemo and as the forum is full of all sorts including dreamers and pro's alike it can be a constant battle of wits to which i always in the end let them rattle on, this in fact stops progress in the area's it should be and that i feel is a great sadness for this community (i am just as guilty sometimes i tell you)..... wait and see is all we can do and i will jump in when i feel i can but it must be when at least 50% of the closed code is released to enable progression without having to guess.

Your posts are great to read keep up the good humor !.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Just tried this release (first time I dared to install it) and I have to CONGRATULATE the SMALL team that made this possible.
Things start slow - well it is running from SD. It's like comparing running a Live distro from DVD to a proper install from SSD.
Things aren't implemented - well it's a first DEVELOPER release.

<rant>
So everybody stop all the whining and opinionated drivel and get on your bike and make this better.
</rant>
Now I just have to work out where to contribute. Too many things to chose from.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
First boot is always always slow due to it caching data for future startups. After letting it settle (may take many minutes) it helps

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: