Active Topics

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Since today morning, Nokia Messaging sync stopped working.

It keeps asking for Nokia Messaging password frequently. The message on screen says this is the password for the first email setup with Nokia Messaging. I entered the correct password, but the message appears again after sometime. Manual/Automatic sync stopped working now.

I tried to delete the Nokia Messaging account and create again. Still the email sync is not working. I am using PR1.2 US Firmware. I made sure that my password is correct by accessing the nokia messaging account online (https://netac2.vie.hosting.nokia.com...loginUI.action).

Anyone else facing this problem?
Attached Images

Maintainer of Markets Today (Yahoo Finance based desktop widget/app)

I have the same issue. None of my accounts linked to Nokia Messaging loads either, it just prompts for my password every 5 minutes or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to phase315 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SF Bay Area, United States
Originally Posted by phase315 View Post
I have the same issue. None of my accounts linked to Nokia Messaging loads either, it just prompts for my password every 5 minutes or so.
@phase315 - I have filed a bug for this issue. Please login and vote for this bug. Unless more people vote for this bug, it will be ignored.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10566

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scifi.guy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malaysia
I'm facing the same issue for the last few days! I tried deleting then resetting my Ymail account but it still prompts for the messaging password every 5 minutes or so. Anybody had any luck with a fix yet please?

Logon the website email.nokia.com and confirm that ur subscription trial period hasnt expired. You may face this issue coz of expiration of the trial period.

P.S Check ur mail in ur primary email id for any mails from Nokia..generalyl u will get a mail sayin ur trial subscription is about to expire.

Last edited by sdesai; 2010-07-19 at 11:09.

Same issue. Just went to vote for the bug.

However, I also checked my email and found this (April 23):
Thank you for trying Nokia Messaging! This email message contains important information about the service.

Costs of the service

During the trial, there is no cost for the Nokia Messaging service itself. However, data traffic will be charged according to your current operator service plan and may not be included in your flat data rate plan. Please contact your operator to know how much you will be charged.

Get the most up to date client

If you signed up for Nokia Messaging directly from your phone, please upgrade your software. The updated version allows you to view emails in HTML, supports Windows Live Hotmail, allows you to set up multiple email addresses, and is a lot faster!

Using your phone browser, visit http://email.nokia.com and click the download button.

NOTE: No upgrade is necessary for E75, E72 and E55 phones.

What happens after the trial?

As your trial nears its end, we will send you a reminder. If you do not want to purchase a subscription, simply allow the trial period to end. We will notify you when the period ends, and we will cancel your Nokia Messaging account. You will not be billed for the service and you will not have to do anything.

Enjoy your mobile email!

Sincerely,
Nokia Messaging team
It's the only email I have about Nokia Messaging, certainly no reminder that my trial will end. Do I need to redownload the client? Why isn't this managed through App Manager?

And email.nokia.com is useless! I can't log in ... but nor do I have the option to recover my username or password (though I am fairly sure it's right).

What's going on, Nokia?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Having same issue with my N900 that just arrived. I immediately updated to PR1.2 and Nokia Messaging just won't set up correctly. I enter my user and password and it wants to activate instead of use my existing account. An account is created with no email accounts.

My account status is purchased with device so it's not an account issue. Works perfectly on my Nokia E72 and worked perfectly on the first N900 I trialed using PR1.1.1.

Hey everyone,

I had this problem for the past couple weeks and talked to Nokia's tech support. They reset my password and everything and it still didn't work.

I then ended up deleting the account off my phone, and re-entering it and now it works like a charm...

I got these repeated prompts when I was using Nokia Messaging with hotmail as my primary email account. Later I created a new Nokia Messaging account with yahoo as my primary email account. It started syncing fine. And I created IMAP based direct connection for that Hotmail account.

If there is a way to get free Yahoo Mail synced directly, I would drop Nokia Messaging completely. But unfortunately there is no way.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Atlanta, GA, USA
Originally Posted by tushyd View Post
Hey everyone,

I had this problem for the past couple weeks and talked to Nokia's tech support. They reset my password and everything and it still didn't work.

I then ended up deleting the account off my phone, and re-entering it and now it works like a charm...
I had the same experience! Deleting the account and adding it again worked for me.