Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Oh,
I really do understand what he meant!
A lot of people received their tablet. A few even with cover. Others were waiting for next batch ...

Not that I want to say FxTec is doing the same here! (nor even near to this)
We have a complete different situation due to a world-wide crisis.
And FxTec is open with their announcements.

But for people still waiting this might just not be enough.
As I understand this. Employees of Fxtec are operating from home. And correct me if I am wrong.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Regarding suggestions for the next device... Vertical slider with T9 keyboard! Very old-fashioned, but would hopefully find a lot of support - fits into a pocket, battery lasts for ages, shiny gadget, neat RGB backlighting for nearly all buttons. Working phone to be carried everywhere, and not as bulky as typical pocket computers.

Or, make something like Blackberry Visa. With square display like Passport, and hidable keyboard - but that would require cooperating with BB patents.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
A new Mr Mobile video out about keyboard phones. It fun to watch, https://invidio.us/watch?v=IO2fY_XIXxI

to watch on youtube just copy everything after the /watch

x

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Is it just me who has this behaviour on a Prođ?:
After or while a phone call the screen stays black, even if the sensor isnīt covered anymore. I have to use the power button to switch the screen on, to end the call or make other actions. Thatīs a little bit annoying over time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Not just you, I had that behaviour too.

I have a feeling it was different with a recent update (3.3.0.14 or 3.3.0.16), but I can't check at the moment as I've had to stop using the Pro1 for now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Is it just me who has this behaviour on a Prođ?:
After or while a phone call the screen stays black, even if the sensor isnīt covered anymore. I have to use the power button to switch the screen on, to end the call or make other actions. Thatīs a little bit annoying over time.
Wich version of Android?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Expected behaviour currently is that it can take up to 3 seconds to unlock during call using proximity sensor.

What happened for me is i am pressing power button too quick instead of waiting the 2-3 seconds for proximity unlock.
Only to then see the screen unlocked for a split second before my power press belatedly sends it back to black.

If it does not unlock at all after the 3 seconds, try a triple power button press to disable the proximity sensor temporarily. Learned that on TJC.

To test if proximity sensor hw is ok, just type
Code:
*#*#310#*#*
in dialer for CSD Tool.

It was also theorized that it gets worse with uptime, so to not reboot the phone but restart sensors:
Code:
devel-su systemctl restart sensorfwd
I was suggested to try
Code:
mcetool --set-ps-on-demand=enabled
which supposedly slows down interaction with the phone. So i only did temporarily.

Also mcetool is worth a try.
Code:
mcetool --set-ps-mode=disabled
mcetool --set-ps-mode=enabled
I tried all above and at some point i thought the problem is gone, but i am not sure anymore if i just learned to wait the 3 seconds out

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Sooo, did anyone with preorder receive their phone from the recent batch that was mentioned?

Still waiting to hear anything from mine.

From the bottom of my heart I wish all the best for FxTec, but really worried what kind of curve ball this corona bu*****th threw at them. Really afraid that I'm never gonna hear from my phone...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Wich version of Android?
Android Verison: SFOS

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Expected behaviour currently is that it can take up to 3 seconds to unlock during call using proximity sensor....
I will give it a try thanx for yor help! Again!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit