Active Topics

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
And yet that's exactly the problem we seen with early maemo5 upgrades, like PR1.0 ->PR1.0.1 iirc
As far as I remember, the main purpose of one of the early updates (1.0->1.0.1 or 1.1->1.1.1) was to change some filesystem properties (compression?) to make bigger update (1.0.1->1.1 or 1.1.1->1.2) possible with less space available on device (please correct me if I'm wrong, it was >2 years ago, I can be wrong).

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Binary file replacement - as suggested - is one way, but You could also grab vanilla camera-ui package, unpack it, edit control files to mimic CSSU'ish camera-ui, and pack it again - installing such version should satisfy dependencies. While it's more elegant solution than just replacing binaries, it's still dirty hack, and You will need to redo it with every update of CSSU's camera-ui (to mimic next version).
Wouldn't it be better to edit control files to mimic other package (so it won't get overwritten after each camera-ui update)? Or does Nicolai's camera-ui package replace some files used by stock camera-ui, so it would require making this operation everytime? (but it would still be easier - have this package as e.g. stock-camera-ui and just reinstall it after each camera-ui upgrade, so files would get overwritten again).

By the way, I feel highly offtopic right now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Binary file replacement - as suggested - is one way, but You could also grab vanilla camera-ui package, unpack it, edit control files to mimic CSSU'ish camera-ui, and pack it again - installing such version should satisfy dependencies. While it's more elegant solution than just replacing binaries, it's still dirty hack, and You will need to redo it with every update of CSSU's camera-ui (to mimic next version).

May I ask, what made you (other than possible masochism) to go through all this pain, for getting vanilla camera-ui, instead of Nicolai's one?

/Estel
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look in to it.
The reason for wanting the stock camera-ui back is that the new one... well, it just doesn't seem to work very well at the moment. Random crashes, ui freezes up constantly, video recording will freeze in still image for long periods of time, overall it's much slower (launch, taking pictures, changing settings etc)... No disrespect to Nicolai or any of the dedicated people bringing improvements to the N900
And I guess this is beginning to go somewhat off topic, yeah...

The Following User Says Thank You to solbrit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
thats funny...i use n900 camera a lot and with latest thumb update the only thing i can say about it is that it feels a lot faster...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest, Magyarország
Just installed the thumb2 cssu, and I have a big problem. The machine is stable and fast as hell, but I have no camera.

The stock camera program starts with the new features, but I see a blank black screen. When I press the camera button, it doesn't take any photo.
A Better Camera can't start (I already read about this bug - kernel problem, I try to solve this with the guide posted by freemangordon)
FCamera - "silver" blank screen, can't take pictures
classic cam and nokia panorama - also black screen...

If you can help me, it would be awesome, but if I can't fix it, I had reflash, I need the camera.
Thanks!

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by FlDutchman View Post
Just installed the thumb2 cssu, and I have a big problem. The machine is stable and fast as hell, but I have no camera.

The stock camera program starts with the new features, but I see a blank black screen. When I press the camera button, it doesn't take any photo.
A Better Camera can't start (I already read about this bug - kernel problem, I try to solve this with the guide posted by freemangordon)
FCamera - "silver" blank screen, can't take pictures
classic cam and nokia panorama - also black screen...

If you can help me, it would be awesome, but if I can't fix it, I had reflash, I need the camera.
Thanks!
it happened to me a lot of times.. what profile are u using..?? if u change the dsp values to your own it might happen this way.. try loading the default profile
(root
kernel-config load default
kernel-config default default)
and reboot your phone and try using the camera.. it might do the trick..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest, Magyarország
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
it happened to me a lot of times.. what profile are u using..??
I don't know what profile i'm using, i guess it's the default. Never changed the dsp values. Using the code in xterm it said "kernel-config not found"
After that I've got a hint, that I should try to reinstall fcam drivers and it worked.

Unfortunately when I run "a better camera" it loads, but I get the message "you need to restart the device to finish the installation". After 3 restart, no change.

Real funny

Last edited by FlDutchman; 2012-10-08 at 09:28.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post

Wouldn't it be better to edit control files to mimic other package (so it won't get overwritten after each camera-ui update)? Or does Nicolai's camera-ui package replace some files used by stock camera-ui, so it would require making this operation everytime? (but it would still be easier - have this package as e.g. stock-camera-ui and just reinstall it after each camera-ui upgrade, so files would get overwritten again).

By the way, I feel highly offtopic right now

OK, I give up, how do I do this?

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by FlDutchman View Post
I don't know what profile i'm using, i guess it's the default. Never changed the dsp values. Using the code in xterm it said "kernel-config not found"
After that I've got a hint, that I should try to reinstall fcam drivers and it worked.

Unfortunately when I run "a better camera" it loads, but I get the message "you need to restart the device to finish the installation". After 3 restart, no change.

Real funny
ok if u had installed 720p videos by sir Freemangordon and follow the instructions as in this link

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=949

otherwise install kernel-power settings(WARNING!!-IT OVERCLOCKS YOUR DEVICE) by typing
root
apt-get install kernel-power-settings
it loads dsp profile by default otherwise load it(kernel-config load dsp) and try using the camera..

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
guys, this is OT here, please

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon

is it correct that the package libqt4-dev of the thumb repo contains the qmake binary file for i386?

/usr/bin/qmake: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Some time ago i installed libqt4-dev-arm

https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=4213

Do you think you could provide the same package?

Last edited by xes; 2012-10-09 at 09:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life