Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Haaa, no problem , for you, what you want.
No, really, why you doing it?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Do I need to disable the SMS fallback manually?

The Following User Says Thank You to Thaodan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Great news:

And upload it on openrepos:
https://openrepos.net/content/zeta/p...l-notification
I made a small change to your Lockscreen.qml. I moved the Voicemail icon below the Bluetooth icon. This allows it to be visible from the lock screen as well as the peek view.

If anyone interested, here is the chenge:

Code:
    OfonoManager { id: ofonoManager }

OfonoMessageWaiting {
        id: ofonoMessageWaiting
        modemPath: ofonoManager.modems.length > 0 ? ofonoManager.modems[0] : ""
    }

Image {

//        Commented out the following line
//        anchors.bottom: clock.top

//      Added the following
        anchors {
            bottom: clock.verticalCenter
            bottomMargin: -90
            left: parent.left
            leftMargin: Theme.smallIcons ? Theme.paddingSmall : Theme.paddingLarge
        }

source: "/usr/share/themes/jolla-ambient/meegotouch/icons/icon-s-voicemail.png"
        visible: ofonoMessageWaiting.voicemailWaiting
    }
See the screen shot.
Name:  20150122215714.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  28.2 KB

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2015-01-23 at 04:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Tested yerterday, works really great. Just some comments about the visual: the icon (didn't change anything in the patch) is too much on the left. I would be great of the icon could be aligned as the other notifications icons. I also have the feeling the icon is too much on the bottom and should be closer to the top of the screen.

Just a personal feeling anyway. Thanks a lot Zeta!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Lobsann, France
Again, thank you for this patch Zeta !
Excellent work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ced117 For This Useful Post:
Great work, Zeta. Finally the Jolla is almost on par with 15 year old feature phones in terms of basic phone functionality. Hopefully they will roll this into update 11.

On the other hand, Jolla should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. A patch this small? I bet the bastards never even looked at the issue, let alone assessing how much work it would take, after promising over a year ago that it was on the "to do list".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Great work, Zeta. Finally the Jolla is almost on par with 15 year old feature phones in terms of basic phone functionality. Hopefully they will roll this into update 11.

On the other hand, Jolla should be ****ing ashamed of themselves. A patch this small? I bet the bastards never even looked at the issue, let alone assessing how much work it would take, after promising over a year ago that it was on the "to do list".
Some need it, some not.
I don't even know what is voicemail, and how to send/receive one if I needed to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Some need it, some not.
I don't even know what is voicemail, and how to send/receive one if I needed to.
It's just an option of your operator. If someone not available or dont' want to answer your call is redirected to voicemail and you hear "blah-blah, your message will be recorded after beeep". And after you end your message recipient received voicemail notification and/or sms message about X unread voicemails

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
It's just an option of your operator. If someone not available or dont' want to answer your call is redirected to voicemail and you hear "blah-blah, your message will be recorded after beeep". And after you end your message recipient received voicemail notification and/or sms message about X unread voicemails
Ah, yes, now I know that, we call it "answering machine" in finland.
(there used to be separate machines which performed this thing when people still used traditional wired telephones. The things worked with c-casettes, playing a pre-recorded message and recording your answer.)

And yes, I don't like that and when I dial somebody and get forwarded to that service, I always hang up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It's not just you calling someone else. When I was job hunting, the agencies kept leaving me voicemail all the time. Sadly, the N900 is just as bad as Jolla in this respect and also does not have a voicemail indicator.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, voicemail