Active Topics

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hello all,

I am beginning to become paranoid about my N900's slider.. I don't know why I feel it's getting loose!! Like it was a bit more rigid than now.. I feel like it's kind od shaky and has more space between the screen and keyboad than before.. But idk I might be really paranoid about this that I am making a big deal out of it..

So my question for you ladies and gentlemen.. How's your slider holding up? Are you experiencing the samething?... Is it normal? Should I stop worrying? lol...

And if you don't mind can you guys take a picture of the side of the phone? (The side where there's the microusb slot)..

If it's not normal I am thinking of getting a replacement..

I will take a picture of the side of the phone tomorrow when I wake up hopefully by then there will be other pics that I can compare it with..

Thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
My slider seems fine after 3 weeks...perhap just a tiny bit looser than when I first took it out of the box, but nothing I'm concerned about. It was always fairly easy to move up.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I might have a heavy case of paranoia then..

Does your slider shakes sideways though?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Funny I was just thinking that mine is a little looser too just before I read this thread. Nothing dramatic but it is definately not as tight as it was, mind you I have been a bit paranoid about my N900 since I dropped it the other day. No real sideways movement though (yet!)

my slider has a slight wobble

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
mine has got a little more distance from the keyboard and the left side slides down quicker then the right side. I was expecting worse. though, so this doesn't really bothers me. Got it from 5 weeks, very heavy duty

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
I might have a heavy case of paranoia then..

Does your slider shakes sideways though?
I've had my N900 for over a month now and it doesn't seems loose at all...

Good luck with the paranoia...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Mine has gotten looser too

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
Several weeks of heavy usage, and my doesn't seem any looser than day one. Definitely nothing even close to the words "slight wobble". I think I would be paranoid too if I were you. Of course mine doesn't have a functioning internal microphone, and I'm currently waiting for a replacement unit, now you've given me one more thing to worry about.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I've had mine for a few days now and it seems very in tact, I also made sure to look over it for things like that ( looseness and such ). So if your like me with your new devices, I'd go ahead and just get a replacement to put your mind at ease because you wont stop thinking about it, and may even really need to get it fixed. I'm thinking of getting another one just to have as a backup ( so no your not paranoid, Its called being a gadget enthusiast ). Most ppl who like to have nice things and keep them that way are like that, no worries.

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider