Notices

Hm, shouldn't the full international number always be used, regardless of (length of) prefix? That is, shouldn't the 'from' be totally opaque to HeySms? Just wondering...

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
Hm, shouldn't the full international number always be used, regardless of (length of) prefix? That is, shouldn't the 'from' be totally opaque to HeySms? Just wondering...
Hello !!! You right !
in fact you can t send international sms for now ( i never tested it ...)
I will fix it !

Thanks !

Very good one, anyway I already used to VNC my N900 from PC (x11VNC) in order to send sms remotely

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Oh my God! Look at this!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62897

I knew I liked the idea from the start LOL
(I should change the status from "sandbox" to implemented")

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Oh my God! Look at this!

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=62897

I knew I liked the idea from the start LOL
(I should change the status from "sandbox" to implemented")
Nice !
Actually, I made this application last year ... I just didn't take the time to publish it ...
Next step : stabilization
Next step : Port to N9/N950

Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I totally agree.
removing the prefix is not a solution either.

In my case, Belgium.
sending a sms to +32 477 xxxxxx works
sending a sms to 477 xxxxxx wouldn't work.
sending a sms to 0477 xxxxxx would work

The rule in Belgium is:
if no intl prefix is used, the regional prefix 477 should be preceded with a 0.

Those kind of rules can change in every country.
Using the full number as stated in the contact list, regardless of its format, would be the better solution

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I don't really get it why is there a distinction in numbers. Everything that is SMS should be forwarded via Bonjour. There's a way to differentiate SMS from IM in whatever method you're using for coding (python, Qt, GLIB).

Hello !

I just made a new version which should work with all countries and all sms from all country !
It's in devel repository : HERE

Please tell me if it's working for you guys !

I'm waiting your comment !

Thanks !

Package is imported in testing !

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
OK, there's somthing fishy here - but I need more input from other users and XMPP-experts before I call it a bug:

HeySMS (1.2.0-1) works fine when used together with Pidgin. (There is a message in the Pidgin debug window that looks like an error, but it doesn't seem to have any effect; the message is "jabber: XML parser error for BonjourJabberConversation 0x8ff0ac0: Domain 1, code 5, level 3: Extra content at the end of the document" and is issued after every SMS that's either sent or received.)

When used with Empathy, though, only some contacts/senders work. SMS-messages from other contacts never get through. What happens is that the contact appears in Empathy when the SMS comes in, but disappears immediately. The content of the SMS is not transmitted to the PC. Empathy then disconnects the link local account.

I tried to find something that the non-working contacts have in common. I found it: a space character. Messages from numbers that are not in my address book always work because they create a contact that consists of numbers only, no spaces. Messages from contacts that I stored as "Mum" or "David" also always work. Messages from contacts that have a space in either first or last name ("David jun.") or have both first and last name filled in ("David Miller") never work.
I changed existing entries in the address book to verify this, I'm almost 100% certain that the issue is the space character.

This made me check the XML that's sent. I found something like this:

Code:
<message from="David Miller" to="benny@myhome" type="chat" id="798420758213">
<body>Test</body>
<html xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/xhtml-im">
<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">Test</body>
</html>
</message>
Please not the "from" in the first line. Is this valid in XMPP? IIRC a space character is not, while a "@" followed by a host name is mandatory. I'm not sure, though, especially when Link Local messaging is involved.

Could it be that Pidgin is more forgiving about such issues than Empathy and that in fact the XMPP created by HeySMS is buggy?

Or is the XMPP message created by HeySMS correct and there's a bug in Empathy or the underlying telepathy framework?

I'd love to get it working with Empathy, because it's much better integrated with my Gnome desktop.

=== Edit:

Just for comparison, a hand-written message sent from the normal Link-Local account on my N900 looks like this:

Code:
<message from="chatwithme@Nokia-N900-42-11" to="benny@myhome" type="chat" id="68596804">
<body>Test </body>
<html xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/xhtml-im">
<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">Test </body>
</html>
</message>
No error message in Pidgin, no trouble with Empathy. Note the "from" attribute.

Last edited by benny1967; 2012-06-07 at 15:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: