Active Topics

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I had a good chuckle this morning. I know people are having a few problems with PR1.3 and there are a few bugs outstanding in the n900 but it could be a lot worse:

Link to article (Daily Mail): Alarm Glitch.

My favourite quote
'Daddy, do you remember where you were during the great iPhone alarm calamity of 2010?' 'No son, I was asleep'

Easy to laugh, but the N97 did this without the clocks changing. The alarm would go off at a random time after it should have.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by the Daily Mail article
A spokesman for Apple was unavailable to comment.
Because they all overslept.

(Ba-dum, ching!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Considering the iPhone is a "flagship" product and aimed at "affluent" professionals I would of thought Apple would try harder.

Maybe they are "not using it right".

Didn't the n900 used to have an alarm bug? The alarm would trigger but would not produce any sound?

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Didn't the n900 used to have an alarm bug? The alarm would trigger but would not produce any sound?
Indeed it did and also if you were realy quick you could canel it before it sounded and then you couldn't stop it from sounding, happened to me a few times.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Meh. If I could count up the amount of products I've had over the years that have had clock probs, I'd probably run out of patience. The worst one (to me) was when the Zune's went dead over a clock issue. I lost music for a day...

I get the whole "point a finger" at the competition when they fail; however I tend to do that kind of stuff once my own yard is in great shape first.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I get the whole "point a finger" at the competition when they fail; however I tend to do that kind of stuff once my own yard is in great shape first.
I'd make that same joke about Nokia or any company.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Threadworthy? Must be slow gadget news day.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I'd make that same joke about Nokia or any company.
No disrespect; however I truly doubt this statement.

Sad thing though... you'd think we'd know how to program a proper clock by now.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No disrespect; however I truly doubt this statement.
I do believe you may suffer nearly as many blind spots as you accuse others of laboring under. A year ago, one of my jokes here at Nokia's expense was even realized in bright orange T-shirt form.

Sad thing though... you'd think we'd know how to program a proper clock by now.
I have a simple AM/FM clock radio at home and carry an ever more basic alarm clock when traveling. Phones tend to fall prey to trying to help too much with time zone and daylight saving time change issues. For something as simple but important as waking up in the morning, I prefer the predictability of a stupid device over one that tries to be smart.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: