After the new update the built in email client refuses to download or send new email messages when connected over 3G. I have both POP3 ans IMAP accounts, and to both types it says that it can't connect to the server. If i switch over to Wifi it instantly loads the messages. Before the update eveything worked flawlessly.

Has anyone else had the same problem, or have an idea what could be wrong? I've tried to find any settings that could cause this, but haven't found anything relevant.

Last edited by Kxer; 2010-01-19 at 10:10. Reason: Typo

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I can use "send & recive" but it doesn't seem to update automatically over 3g.

Please check if
Email -> Settings -> Update when connected via
is set to Any Connection.

Your condition sounds as if it is set to Wifi which is the other option for the above setting.

I didn't have the automatic update enabled. I tried enabling it and set it to any connection, but I'm afraid it's still not loading or sending new messages.even if i press send and receive.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i have it set to update via any connection but it still only updates when it wants to, not by the time ive set

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Denmark
In Denmark with a TDC sim I had the same problem (with all firmware versions) - my problem was the phone assumes a wrong APN for the 3G connection.

In my case the connection had the APN "wap" (I think the phone get's this from the sim) but it should be "internet" (these are provider specific). The connection I got with "wap" had outgoing ports blocked. The connection with "internet" has nothing blocked. Don't know what these APNs should be with your provider.

find APN settings in:

settings -> internet connections -> connections -> "name of you 2G/3G connection" -> edit -> next -> "Access point name"

/Lasse

The Following User Says Thank You to lasseaagren For This Useful Post:
Thank you lasseaagren, this was actually a part of my problem. My service provider does not list the option to use anything but "wap" for APN, but changing it to "internet" together with some minor other changes made it work. Now everything seem to work just as it should.

Tags
data connection, e-mail, e-mail client, email, email client, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, modest, send and receive, update