Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Chicago, IL USA
I have a N810 WiMAX on Clear's 4G in Chicago

* I'm interested to see WiMAX support in Mer on my device

* I'm interested to see and use (Fully Functional Mer with Accellerometers) or a Fremantle Hacker's Edition (I know not possible, but you asked what I was interested in) on my device

* I'm willing to contribute with testing, detailed feedback,

* If a functional and accelerated Mer would happen, I would then be able use my N810 WiMAX throughout Chicagoland as my computer and mobile phone on Clear's 4G via VOIP, Skype, Fring, etc... (with a back up N97) for those rare occassions I leave the city. The N810 is not robust enough for the multi-tasking I currently do - hence it does not get used.

For me personally:

* I have a N810 WiMAX
* I'm interested to see the community SSU happening and Qt4.6 on my N800 & N810.
* I'm willing to contribute with (rather, I have to): Mer which is much closer in nature to Maemo5 architecture and has a lo-fi desktop and other things I can do as distmaster.
* If this would happen, I would hope we can get permission to recompile some closed source parts of Maemo5 and get it on our N8x0's.

The Following User Says Thank You to mafranklin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use a lot of great applications wich is optimized for my device. And i really want to have a good OS on my n810 like Mer.

* I'm willing to contribute with testing, because i don't know much in Linux and developing

* If Mer would happen, I would then be able to use some new applications.

Thanks for your work!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This is funny. The ITT site is shut down and everything is done but use beaters and dogs to drive away tablet users and then a survey is taken to see if anyone is left.

Sure you won't shoot me if I respond?

I have an N800, N810 and N900.

I can test. I would like to run MER but now that the old community has been decimated, maybe giving up and just doing more Diablo development is more practical.

I think that what really SHOULD happen is that the ITT site should be reestablished for people who are fans of tablets whether from Nokia or not.

But that's just me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I have an N810
Im interested in MER becoming the replacement for maemo 4 (without loosing any abilities)
Im willing to contribute time for testing, and some limited programing

The Following User Says Thank You to mrlanrat For This Useful Post:
* I have a N810
* I'm interested to see continued application software updates. This could either be for Diablo or Mer, as I'm more interested in the applications than the underlying OS. Apps that are important to me include pidgin, pidgin-otr, claws-mail, OpenSSH, and a web browser (any of Tear, MicroB, or Fennec/Firefox Mobile would work).
* I'm willing to contribute with application and OS testing, and application maintenance for abandoned ports. Fixing problems with the build environment is more than I can cope with, however.
* If the community SSU would happen, I would then be able to use my N810 forever

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
N800 owner here. I keep an eye on ITT purely for the Competitors information and comments on the technology. Contributors on this forum are among the most knowledgeable and articulate to be found anywhere

My disenchantment with Nokia's support for the Tablet drove me to buy an iPhone and I am never going back. To Nokia that is. The iPhone is all and more that I wanted from the N800 (apart from openness).

So maybe development continues for the N800, so what? I shall still continue to use the iPhone instead.

This is just too much like flogging a horse that has had its day, never fulfilled its potential and now is just too old. A great shame because it could have been a contender.

I think that what really SHOULD happen is that the ITT site should be reestablished for people who are fans of tablets whether from Nokia or not.
Brilliant suggestion.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use a community ssu on my device

* I'm willing to contribute with testing and complain, I mean give feedback.

* I am not interested in the small N900 as an internet tablet so I really do hope the community keep the N810 device alive in support until a N820 comes out or something similar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FRZ For This Useful Post:
I have an N900 but still have and use an N800. I have used the h*ll out of it, and will be sad if/when it stops working. I hope development of any kind still continues. I must admit I am not sure what this MER/Mer (?) stuff is about. An entirely new OS? I don't get it. Just more applications and more polishing of what is there is all that's needed. But I obviously don't know the big picture.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
* I have an N800 and an N810 (and a 770 but that's off topic here I guess)

* I'm interested to see the community SSU happen in the short term and a usable Mer for the long run. Fremantle certainly has some interesting stuff under the hood and some cute bling on top, but it still has a long way to go to achieve feature parity with Diablo. So, for the time being at least Diablo simply suits my needs better and if we can fix some bugs why not?

* I'm willing to contribute with evaluating and packaging patches, testing, etc (if anything comes to mind, just ask).

* If the above would happen, I would then be able to (hardware willing) extend my devices' usability until something better comes along (the N900 ain't it). Or, in the "I would hope" category: get some abandoned Diablo goodies back into Mer/Fremantle.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Seems of interest...

* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use various of the Maemo 5 software on my device

* I'm willing to contribute with ... erm... I'm not quite sure. I tend to be involved with server-side development, not client side.

I suppose it would be keen to get SQLite working well as a storage substrate for applications, along with capability to push/pull data to desktop/server.

I have been watching N900 deployment with interest; I finally saw units "in person" yesterday, and lost some of my would-be enthusiasm, as it's not quite as robust-looking a unit as I'd have hoped. I always worry about fragile phones in pockets...

Last edited by cbbrowne@gmail.com; 2010-02-15 at 02:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to cbbrowne@gmail.com For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810