Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
hi guys i've been having this issue with facebook chat in n9. When chatting the messages instead of appearing in the chat window it just goes in fb app and gives the notification that i've unread messages and its bit annoying coz it seems that your friend is not responding but actually its my own n9.. .. Anyone came across this yet? BTW, I on PR 1.1.

something similar happens to me.chatting on the phone works fine, everything stays inside the chat application. but messages i send and receive are not synchronised to the facebook app. i can see what i've sent and received in a browser or on the mobile facebook website without problems. the facebook app on the N9 seems to load random messages from the past, and not the ones that were sent recently.

I think the more I use the more issue I'm encountering.

Even while chatting not all messages come through and that's really annoying. Also, time and again the virtual keyboard's "Send" key doesn't actually send the message and I have to press the chat's "Send" key. Closing & reopening the chat window solves it for a while before it come back again.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
I think the more I use the more issue I'm encountering.

Even while chatting not all messages come through and that's really annoying. Also, time and again the virtual keyboard's "Send" key doesn't actually send the message and I have to press the chat's "Send" key. Closing & reopening the chat window solves it for a while before it come back again.
Are you searching the bug-tracker for doco'd issues? (a fix may be coming)
If they're not there. & they're definitely bugs (not feature deficits), then why not report them?
If they're feature deficits, then you can lodge enhancement requests in the tracker too.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Are you searching the bug-tracker for doco'd issues? (a fix may be coming)
If they're not there. & they're definitely bugs (not feature deficits), then why not report them?
If they're feature deficits, then you can lodge enhancement requests in the tracker too.
Just making sure its not just me, but anyways in the process of reporting few

Ok guys just reported 3 bugs for:

1. Facebook chat issue where not all messages are coming through to chat app - 472 with high importance as its really bugging me and have to frequently check "Messages" in facebook app to see all the messages sent by my friend.

2. Google talk & Facebook don't log in while I do "All Online" in Availability app from Status menu. It says incorrect password then again if I hit Update to udate location they log in fine - 473 with normal priority as its not that annoying

3. And finally for Send key in virtual keyboard not working while chatting with friend - 474. I have to close and reopen the chat window for it to work before it breaks again. Again this as normal priority as there's still "send" button in the chat window itself which works all the time

Guys please vote for all of these and esp. for 1 (472) its really ruining my mobile fb chat experience . Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Links would've been nice
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=472
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=473
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=474
Be interesting to see what Nokia devs say, maybe it's not what you/we perceive.
Anyway, subscribed to them & have voted!

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-22 at 06:24.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Hey guys, avoiding making a dupe topic when I'm seeing a lot of these post with no real time table or solution. I'm have the exact same issue in Bug #473 and it doesn't appear to be going away. I try removing and re-adding my Facebook and GTalk account, but the issue persist. It drives me nuts because I've missed some important messages from friends without notice(My resting N900 has been more using than planned because all the messages are still going through strong over there).

I see this bug was opened 2011-12-21 and then reported as a duplicate of Bug #109(which was modified and supposedly resolved 2012-01-20). Was this fix included in PR 1.1? Or is this a 1.2 thing? I see no answer on the post there.

Thanks!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client