Just got an N9 to play around with, but Nokia Maps constantly crashed on startup. It barely has time to load the map, before immediately crashing. This happens every time, wherever I am, whatever network access I have, and after a reboot.

It may or may not be related but I tried Nokia Drive and while it showed my location OK, and the route, it kept saying "Rerouting" and thus muddled what I was supposed to be doing. A couple of times it also crashed. Admittedly it was a fairly thick snowstorm then, but CoPilot on my iPhone navigated just fine.

I've been told Maps and Drive are some of the best features of the N9, but my experience has been less than fantastic, unfortunately.

Some said it was a missing file problem..
This might help:

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=35241#post35241

Anyone at all who could shed any light on this? Nokia support hasn't really offered anything to help. I tried resetting settings, changing phone language etc. Nokia Maps will simply crash within a couple of seconds. Every single time. Drive works slightly better.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Well nokia maps is integrated into the phone so you should probably reflash, anytime I have an issue I can't solve I reflash my N9...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem, I start Maps and it fails, then restart it and the software works just fine. Haven't rebooted in a while, but I guess the problem started after I added some maps.

Not sure what exactly the problem is, but apart a bit of a delay when starting Maps it's not a big deal.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Did anybody file a bug report about it in https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/ or check if there is already a bug report?