You work for Jolla too?
Yes I do. I hope this is not something bad

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Yes I do. I hope this is not something bad
lol. You must be thinking "winter is coming..."

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Nooo it's good, very good, the more engagement at maemo.org, the better*!
We often severely lacked that back in the Nokia days, there's was often a "big" disconnect.

*at least until there's equivalent infra. finally in place that's more modern/slick

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The screen is too small. We need an upgrade next year. Make a note and Run back to Jolla HQ and report.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
*at least until there's equivalent infra. finally in place that's more modern/slick
Well for the record I wouldn't mind if TMO continues to be the hub for Jolla stuff. IMHO, the less fragmented the community is, the better.

Last edited by MartinK; 2013-11-28 at 18:03.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The screen is too small. We need an upgrade next year. Make a note and Run back to Jolla HQ and report.
Why should he make a note? You are AFAIK the only one to complain about screen size so far. Go get a Note 3 knockoff and get it over with.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Why should he make a note? You are AFAIK the only one to complain about screen size so far. Go get a Note 3 knockoff and get it over with.
Because I am a head of the time. Bought note 1 at release day and told you that n9 has to small screen. Evryboday: no I can't handle bigger with one hand. Bought note 3 at release date and told you that jPhone has too small screen. Everybody: no I can't handle bigger...

In one year you have all changed your minds again when jolla release their new epic device

Got ya

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-28 at 18:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hi How you pulled this through?

Can't make it work. Sync tool gives no option to sync anything
First Bluetooth ON and visible on both devices. I paired N900 and Jolla, both trusting each other. Then selected Settings: Connectivity: Transfer & sync from N900. Then New, Next, Send data, Next, Select a device, waited Jolla to appear to list, selected Jolla, Next, Contacts, Next, Finish. Waiting until progress bar is 100%.

Last edited by att; 2013-11-28 at 18:15.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Regarding the web app:
On Nokia N9 all favorites are saved to the home screen. And I can open like 10 web pages in separate windows. While the most are still loading I can read the others that are already downloaded. Is it the same on Jolla?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Regarding the web app:
On Nokia N9 all favorites are saved to the home screen. And I can open like 10 web pages in separate windows. While the most are still loading I can read the others that are already downloaded. Is it the same on Jolla?
Favorities are saved on second screen of the browser which can be accessed by selecting boxes (number of tabs open is shown inside of boxes) at the middle of bottom bar when it is shown. Not sure about reading others while loading, because it seems that when I change and select another tab it will reload the contents of that tab.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience