Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
ok. i rolled back to the opera version in extras... i can't do CTRL+C in the latest version. and i realized that i never had CTRL+Z in the first place (just tested it. hehe)

thanks again Pigro for trying it out for me.

i still appreciate the updates, though this one's not for me.

@ForeverYoung
yup, i know about the long press and the option popping out. i just want the CTRL+C keyboard shortcut.
Errr.... it STILL does work...
Just go to the opera settings, and change the keyboard to "address only".

So, go back and upgrade

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Copy, Paste bug as usual. Setting address only in setting doesn't change anything. In my keyboard (Asia pacific keyboard, maybe), copy and paste does the job but "C" and "V" press are also recorded meaning if I copy anything then it does copy but instant "C" press is recorded and the selected text is replaced with "C" while copying the correct text. Similarly in paste, "V" is added at the end of the text that has been pasted.

Few more bugs:
Fullscreen edit text is there in long press on text boxes but it does nothing.

address suggestion has opera:drives as soon as I press "o" or "op" maybe, but definitely it doesn't works in linux. I am not sure if its in build or its based on some of my typing or sync though.

Address bars etc has that odd looking rectangular box as I click on those.

Forgot to write about switch tab bug: While in tab view, if I click on any tab once then instead of switching to that tab and staying in tab view, it switches to that tab but exits tab view to default web view. I am not sure when exactly that happens but it happened few times.

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-10-16 at 06:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
I was using previous version of opera as default browser and it was great also with evopedia where part of the page is local and images are optional and available only with one internet connection.

With latest release, opera starts and asks to choose one connection, if i reject to choose one it closes without showing the evopedia page....

So, i suppose it cannot work while offline on a local html page.....

Has anyone seen the same behavior?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Errr.... it STILL does work...
Just go to the opera settings, and change the keyboard to "address only".

So, go back and upgrade
@HtheB,
i posted that before starting my thread about this issue of mine, which you have fixed. thanks again for that.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@HtheB,
i posted that before starting my thread about this issue of mine, which you have fixed. thanks again for that.
Oh sorry didn't notice it was the same person
again: you're welcome

Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
is opera mobile for maemo ever going to support html5 video (webm)?
Unfortunately, no, Opera mobile cannot display video even if it can interpret the <video> tag in a webpage. Being a sub-project of the main Opera brwser, it's unlikely to happen. At the moment, microB is the best browser for viewing video. Fennec might be able to show a few bits but not in an flv container and it'll run like a snail!

There is no doubt that microB is a more complete browser. The main benefit of using Opera is, a, the speed at which it loads pages and, b, the text formatting makes content more readable.

It would be interesting to know whether/how microB's engine and inner workings can be improved/replaced because in many respects it does work very well, including the (closed) UI.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
While using the new opera browser to check craigslist, I noticed it highlights place where there are telephone numbers. Upon clicking on the number with the hope to directly call that number, I get an error meassage. Is it possible to call a number directly from within the opera browser just like my old N95? lol

Originally Posted by xes View Post
I was using previous version of opera as default browser and it was great also with evopedia where part of the page is local and images are optional and available only with one internet connection.

With latest release, opera starts and asks to choose one connection, if i reject to choose one it closes without showing the evopedia page....

So, i suppose it cannot work while offline on a local html page.....

Has anyone seen the same behavior?
yes, i got the same issue...
has anyone know the handling in opera to prevent connection when we are using evopedia please

thank

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by kayamagan View Post
yes, i got the same issue...
has anyone know the handling in opera to prevent connection when we are using evopedia please

thank
I just start devel_adhoc connection (I don't know which program created it).

Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
I just start devel_adhoc connection (I don't know which program created it).
does the program you get is not pc-connectivity-manager?

Tags
fast browser, opera