Posts: 31 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark
I know NSchuyler started a thread already with a compilation of N900 accessories at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32755 and kudos for him for doing that, but I thought we needed something a bit more factual and straight to the point, when people had shared their thoughts and finds in that thread.

So I whipped up a wiki entry, mostly with stuff I found myself before NSchuyler's thread started, but also a bit from that.

I've tried to make it so the full description of the product and the maker of the product is mentioned, but no list has to been posted, as I'm trying to make it as unbiased as possible (i.e. no amazon or ebay links).
But please, if you think this is the wrong way to do it, please say so.
Maybe we should add links to the makers homepage?

But please, everyone add to the list, but try to keep it factual and use it as a wiki is suppose to be used.

Hope this can help someone find what they need to pimp out their new gadget

The wiki entry can be found at http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Accessories

EDIT: Ok, me, myself and I all agreed on linking the name of the maker, directly to the products page on the makers homepage. Any objections to that?

Last edited by bitcrusher; 2009-11-18 at 23:01.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bitcrusher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for the page. Personally I would link the item name to the product page on the maker's site, e.g. "CP-321 - by Nokia", instead of "CP-321 - by Nokia" as you currently have it.

You know what, I'll compromise, and just link the whole text instead
Deal? (I've already done it, so you better agree )

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Funland
Added a couple of Vikuiti screen protectors to the list.

I myself am leaning towards the clear DQC-160 one.

Good to hear Rick.
I wasen't sure if the Vikuiti was cut specifically for the N900 or if it was just a square sheet. Because the pictures I found of the Vikuiti, was a box with a Palm Pilot on it getting a sheet applied, so that scared me off a bit
Have you found out if it's been cut for it or are you just going for it and hoping for the best?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Funland
I think it is precut for N900 based on the image in their site. In addition, they seem to have precut versions for the other touch screen phone models as well, so I guess I'll just have to trust them.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
We should promote this wiki page a bit more... I've added Beginners category to it too.

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gijon
And please, include links to products, just to see "where" to buy them

Enlaces útiles para nuevos miembros en la comunidad Maemo/Useful links for newcomers: Si eres nuevo, preséntate/say hello, Si eres nuevo empieza por aquí/start here, Foro de la Comunidad/Community subforum, Wiki para novatos/Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Preguntas habituales (FAQ)

Buscador personalizado/Google custom search

Tan solo pregunta/just ask!