Active Topics

This has a break-out of Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. It doesn't look good.

America’s New Mobile Majority: a Look at Smartphone Owners in the U.S.

Name:  wp7.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  18.2 KB

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
This has a break-out of Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. It doesn't look good.

America’s New Mobile Majority: a Look at Smartphone Owners in the U.S.

Attachment 26216
maybe NOKIA should try and make a WM device?!?
>¦-))))))))))))))
would at least give them a three fold chance of selling something :|

maybe a... solution, eventually?
Kicking Nokia When It’s Down, Class-Action Suit Filed

Nokia’s legal department is going to have a busy summer. Only a day after Nokia went on the offensive and filed lawsuits against HTC, RIM, and ViewSonic for patent infringements, a dissatisfied shareholder filed a class-action lawsuit against the struggling mobile company.

Robert Chmielinski filed a class-action lawsuit against Nokia and its CEO Stephen Elop and CFO Timo Ihamuotila in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, claiming that the company and its executives misled shareholders. Specifically, the company committed fraud by telling shareholders that the Windows Phone platform would put an end to Nokia’s falling position in the smartphone market.

But since when did an optimistic outlook on a corporate bet equal fraud? According to the plaintiff, the key is that executives knew they were making misleading statements in order to artificially inflate the price of Nokia securities.

“During the Class Period, defendants had both the motive and opportunity to conduct fraud. They also had actual knowledge of the misleading nature of the statements they made or acted in reckless disregard of the true information known to them at the time,” the suit documents assert.

The lawsuit cites Nokia’s $1.7 billion Q1 earnings loss as evidence that Windows Phone failed to reverse the handset maker’s slide. It further claims that Nokia mismanaged the Lumia 900 release by shipping the device with a glitch, which forced the company to offer a $100 refund to customers.
eventually ppl start to wake up & realize that Flop is desperately incompetent ¦-)
even though filling the law suite in Southern NY...
good luck

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Elop's Nokia with Windows Phone

So much for that "smoked by Windows Phone" campaign that they incidentally also provably lost out on.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post

So much for that "smoked by Windows Phone" campaign that they incidentally also provably lost out on.
Your comment made me use Photoshop to add something else to the "Smoked by Windows Phone" victims...

Originally Posted by almamo View Post
Your comment made me use Photoshop to add something else to the "Smoked by Windows Phone" victims...

Oh that's perfect. I'm so posting that on Facebook/Google+ Thanks for sharing!!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Idiocy of Nokia management and the speed of light in a vacuum.

Both are universal constants and cannot be beaten in their class. The diffenrence is that c was defined by a genious and Nokia management is defined by idiots.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Idiocy of Nokia management and the speed of light in a vacuum.

Both are universal constants and cannot be beaten in their class. The diffenrence is that c was defined by a genious and Nokia management is defined by idiots.
You mean a "genius?"

Just seen the list of 101 things wp7.5 can't do. I didn't know it was THAT bad, I mean seriously, nokia should stop that ******** now.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Just seen the list of 101 things wp7.5 can't do. I didn't know it was THAT bad, I mean seriously, nokia should stop that ******** now.
That list is disingenuous. I can put up a list of 101 things wrong with n9 too.

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows