Active Topics

I'm curious about what type of accounts Sailfish already supports or are planned to support. Sure, in the demos you saw Facebook or Twitter, but what is with XMPP, SIP, SKYPE, IMAP, ActiveSync, Carddav & Calddav...

I'm quite happy with that on my N9 and so far no demo has ever shown the setup of accounts on the Jolla phone.

The second thing I'm really interested in...is DLNA support planned for Sailfish, and how deeply will it be integrated...app wise only or as a device-wide sharing option + the ability to use the phone as remote media controller?

It's part of the info which Jolla didn't yet publish.

You can check Sailfish emulator too see what was already integrated back then.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
I'm curious about what type of accounts Sailfish already supports or are planned to support. Sure, in the demos you saw Facebook or Twitter, but what is with XMPP, SIP, SKYPE, IMAP, ActiveSync, Carddav & Calddav...

I'm quite happy with that on my N9 and so far no demo has ever shown the setup of accounts on the Jolla phone.

The second thing I'm really interested in...is DLNA support planned for Sailfish, and how deeply will it be integrated...app wise only or as a device-wide sharing option + the ability to use the phone as remote media controller?
And what about the new google offspring (google hangout protocol)?
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/0...tant-messaging
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
It would be very silly to support this new proprietary protocol, as google probably will change it three times over before the Jolla is released.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Google Hangout protocol isn't even published and isn't known to be reverse engineered yet. There is completely no point for Jolla to waste their time on supporting (i.e. reverse engineering) it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
It's part of the info which Jolla didn't yet publish.
If I remember from november they did say something about try be the best to support as mmuch as possible of those social medias.

But I dont expect google+ support mainly because Google is asholes who doesn't provide a decent G+ API

also not skype cause of closed crap API.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Ofcourse not its not open and should be KILLED ASAP.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Ofcourse not its not open and should be KILLED ASAP.
With fire!
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.