Active Topics

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
don't mean to be rude but he said did nokia abandon us he did not ask did nokia and the community abandon us

nokia yes community no
As you are so sure that Nokia has abandon us, I would really like to know how do You know that? How do You define abandon?

Nokia has support for N900 hardware, it's software, is still fixing the bugs. What else Nokia have to do to make you feel not abandoned? Give you a free hardware? Give a complete and free update to next phone operating system? Give you a free rubber bumper? What do you want troll?

The Following User Says Thank You to loukkis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ izmir, turkey
Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
What else Nokia have to do to make you feel not abandoned? Give you a free hardware? Give a complete and free update to next phone operating system?
May be not for free but at least a paid upgrade should be offered. They are saying N900 will not be officialy supported because of lack of multitouch input. This is not a valid reason, multitouch gestures should not be the only way to do a task.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by sleytr View Post
May be not for free but at least a paid upgrade should be offered. They are saying N900 will not be officialy supported because of lack of multitouch input. This is not a valid reason, multitouch gestures should not be the only way to do a task.
From an accessibility stand point there should be a way to use the device with only one hand/single touch.

I know plenty of people who've lost an arm or a few fingers and they can't use an iPhone due to the need for multi touch.

My uncle can tie his shoes with his 1 arm, but he cant zoom a web page without putting the phone down on a surface.