Active Topics

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
So..I've decided to push an alpha of my package to extras-devel, but I'm having no end of trouble with the autobuilder.

Here's the list of problems so far:
  • The "Publish Project" feature of Qt Creator doesn't work.
    It goes all the way through to me selecting the files I want to include (point of note: the makefile is deselected by default), but the next page just sits there with the following:
    which: pgp: unknown command
    debian/rules clean
    dpkg-source -b qwerkisync
    d:\coding\qtsdk\maemo\4.6.2\madbin\dpkg-source: warning: source directory 'qwerkisync' is not <sourcepackage>-<upstreamversion> 'qwerkisync-0.0.1'
    dpkg-genchanges -S >../qwerkisync_0.0.1_source.changes
    dpkg-genchanges: including full source code in upload
  • Building a source package manually using MADDE is fine, but when I upload it I get the dreaded:
    rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
    # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
    /scratchbox/tools/bin/make clean
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/qwerkisync-0.0.1'
    Makefile:187: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/qwerkisync-0.0.1'
    make: *** [clean] Error 2
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2
    I've attempted to resolve the problem with this suggestion by Nicolai, but that just leads me to the next problem...
  • After commenting out the call to make clean and adding one to qmake, I get:
    rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
    # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
    /scratchbox/tools/bin/make clean
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/qwerkisync-0.0.1'
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/qwerkisync-0.0.1'
    make: *** [clean] Error 2
    dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit status 2

I've tried not including the makefile (it should be regenerated by qmake anyway!) as suggested by the publishing wizard, and I've tried including it. Neither seems to work.

...the package obviously works and builds fine on my end.

Any ideas?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Ok, for future reference for anyone else having these issues, here's how I've resolved these issues.

#1 tip is to follow Nicolai's instructions, but to add a minus sign in front of the make clean command. This will execute the command, but ignore the errors.

#2 is to ignore the multiple targets error from that point on.

#3 is that I assumed that Qt Creator would maintain the build-depends in the debian/control file using the .pro file. Nope. You have to do so yourself.

..and finally, the classic...remember to edit the on in the qtc_packaging directory, not the /debian directory. The debian directory is the output *sigh*.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobuilder, garage, packaging