Active Topics

Closed Thread
Yeah, it seems like linux-omap is pretty flaky.

I'm just going to flash the damn rootfs image for now, it's lots easier to debug MMC with a real userland rather than what I can fit in <500K and send with the kernel as an initram.

The Following User Says Thank You to bri3d For This Useful Post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-om.../msg12932.html

Found the source of my woes!

This is going to be exciting...

UPDATE:

cherry-picked the old linux-omap menelaus.c and it works. looks like whoever ported it to mainline forgot some "little bits" like internal N810 MMC power control

Last edited by bri3d; 2009-12-03 at 05:59.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bri3d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
bri3ed: Felipe Balbi of Nokia just posted a small bunch of patches for N8x0 to linux-omap. Something you would be interested in checking out/testing?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
@Stskeeps: Haven't built yet, but N8x0 looks like just some refactors to use platform_board_infos instead of hardcoded values for i.e. GPIOs. N770 changes look more significant.

So I suspect it'll have the same issue which is that video won't come up after the switch from n800-board-xxx.c to n8x0-board.c

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bri3d For This Useful Post:
Hi bri3d, any news about the development? I can be a beta tester for you if you need (I have a N800).

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
yea id be willing to help out to jsut got a n800 yesterday

I would be very excited to see Android 2.0 on the n8x0 - let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I have an n810, and I would be willing to do testing on it.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Are there anymore updates? I'd love to see an Android port for the N900, or even a detailed page on how to port it. I have yet to find a good tutorial on porting the Android source to these devices from scratch.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdogg64 For This Useful Post:
bdogg64: there's all sorts of information on porting Android - from http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/L...-a-new-device/ which talks about a non-NITDroid Nokia port of the pre-Cupcake beta source to the entire android-porting group ( http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting ), which although it has a horrible signal to noise ratio and a lot of clueless people is good for up-to-date info sometimes.

Still working (sometimes) on getting things working - updated to 2.0.1 and same deal - a dead-stock userspace sort-of works (very slowly/badly) with Solca's old kernel, and my new kernels have MMC issues and won't boot (curse linux-omap...).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bri3d For This Useful Post:
I would be willing to alpha/beta as well if needed with my N800.

Closed Thread