Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
This has me so excited. I've been waiting for a garmin type app all my life (well 9 months since I said bye to the iphone). Just downloaded it and had quick play, is there or will there be the option to enter co-ordinates to use with real maps, you know, the ones made of paper? Would love to use it for hiking. Thanks again. F**k me it's cold in Ireland
Configuring and saving waypoints/landmarks is the next feature I plan on implementing.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Wow is all I have to say and I don't say that very often. Brilliant interface and very receptive too. I will give it a proper try on the hills on thurs and report back. Hats off

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
A wonderful app with an excellent UI, though it has a small annoying bug; a missing donate button

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone I don't celebrate it, but still :P

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-12-21 at 22:15.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
btw. Have you made any power comparison between different GPS log apps on N900? Any powertop analyzes? How does this app compare to (while n900 is locked) other loggers on power consumption?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
btw. Have you made any power comparison between different GPS log apps on N900? Any powertop analyzes? How does this app compare to (while n900 is locked) other loggers on power consumption?
I have not, though I would be interested in the results if you're offering

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Why, yes you can In the menu there's the "Logging" dialog, it saves logs date stamped to: /home/user/.cache/rx/columbus
I'll try to do some calculations to get a better GPS fix. And it's easier for me if I have data in NMEA format. (something like DGPS)

thanks and Merry christmas

Joaquin

The Following User Says Thank You to jrinconr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jrinconr View Post
I'll try to do some calculations to get a better GPS fix. And it's easier for me if I have data in NMEA format. (something like DGPS)

thanks and Merry christmas

Joaquin
Well, it should work fine for you. At the moment NMEA is all I support for data logging but I plan to implement more data formats in the future.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vecchiano - Pisa - Italia
Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I think that this app definitely has the potential for nautical navigation use (with sea charts / waypoints etc. support). Very nice work!
Very nice UI, sea maps for nautical use would be very appreciate.
Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to N3d0 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by N3d0 View Post
Very nice UI, sea maps for nautical use would be very appreciate.
Thank you.
I'll see what I can do. I was thinking of putting in some form of charting, but it probably wont be conventional maps. (Though, never say never). Charts/Maps? will be added after 1.0 so you might be in for a bit of a wait

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
Do you have a publically visible SCM? I'd like to use your BT code in my own project and track any changes you make.

Regards,
Dave

Tags
navigation, nokia n900