Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Connecticut, USA
Thanks for that! We just ordered one!

The Following User Says Thank You to ImMelody For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
I'm just looking at buying a N810, so forgive the newbie question, but don't you also need a mini-sd adapter, or do the N8x0's support micro-sd as well? tx
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Yes, you need micro to mini SD adapter to use with N810.

To add another source, I purchased 8GB Sandisk microSDHC card with full-SD adapter and micromate reader from eBay. These "three in one" packages sell now about $60 including shipping. The micromate reader is very small and proved very fast! I clocked 13.5MB/s write speed (using 700MB avi file) to that Sandisk 8GB microSDHC (class 4) card using PC computer. Doesn't that mean that the card is actually class 13.5?

I also purchased separate microSD to miniSD adapter from eBay too. Brand was Topram and it works fine on my N810. (Didn't Sandisks' own micro to mini adapters have problems?) Total cost including shipping below $5.

For comparison, Newegg sells the same 8GB card $85 with shipping and it doesn't come with SD adapter nor reader!

This particular micro states that it comes with the adapter. It was the biggest reason I pounced on it.

Originally Posted by ImMelody View Post
This particular micro states that it comes with the adapter. It was the biggest reason I pounced on it.
All I can see is 'full sized SD adapter', but there's probably something I'm missing, as usual . havefun
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

You can get an additional 5% discount from buy.com with this link

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=84773074

This discount does not apply to purchases from Buy.com using Paypal or Google Checkout

grog, my n800 uses full SD cards. I don't know about the n810, but mine came with a mini and a mini to full adapter.

Originally Posted by ImMelody View Post
grog, my n800 uses full SD cards. I don't know about the n810, but mine came with a mini and a mini to full adapter.
Ah! That's where I got confused. I'm planning on picking up an N810, which only has one miniSD slot, not the two full-sized slots the N800 has. So _I'm_ the only one that needs the mini-adapter. Which I did find a 1gb microSD card that has both full- & min-adapters for only $10 CDN, so I'll probably pick up a couple of those when I finally get on board.

Sorry to but in. TX