Active Topics

Don't know if this was posted before

Looks like an interesting device. Take a look

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/31/t...nice-touchabl/

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Toronto, Canada
I am very curious as to what kind of horsepower this device will have. Presumably if it's gunning to be a mobile photo editor/slideshow viewer it has to have something decent under the hood.

As for that second screen, I'm not completely sold, I really like a hardware keyboard. And that colour, ugh.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Its nice but why this ugly design...?

Toshiba's advertising department need to be fired for naming a device that. SD Multi Tool and SD photo editor? Why not just call it a MID.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by Scarflash View Post
Toshiba's advertising department need to be fired for naming a device that. SD Multi Tool and SD photo editor? Why not just call it a MID.
thats not how marketing works. slapping the mid label on it would just make it a "me to" device.

but find a unique name to it and people are more likely to get that specific device.

on the other hand, you want to keep the name as simple as possible.

there is not without reason that a certain computer company keep calling their products the same but bump the hardware inside, and make sure its only the latest hardware revision thats on market at any given time.

easier for the common customer that way, no need to keep in mind subtypes or series codes. if you want their product x, its always their product x, even if your product x and the neighbors product x is not the same inside.

this is also why consumer items end up taking on the name of the most known brand doing just that thing.