Fixed in 1.2. So in like 6 months

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Btw, it's been resolved in PR1.2
Unfortunately bug fixes for issues all the way back to January are all a part of 1.2, which is coming ????

Another reason why monolithic firmware updates like this are ridiculous.

i just moved some files out of mydocs and they dissapeard. thanks whoever said that

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi everyone, this is my first thread. I just bought my Nokia n900 and I am happy with it. I was using it the other and then it froze while opening the camera application. I hit the power button and clicked on the end current task and it forced the camera process to terminate. Tried restarting it and then when I went to the file manager, I noticed that the items video clips, audios, camera documents and images are all listed twice. What is wrong with this phone?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi, welcome to the forums. Please use the search button before posting (especially if you're new); this particular issue was answered a long time ago, and has had countless two-post threads exactly like this one since. Thanks.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
It's a known bug, which occurs if you have over a certain number of files/folders in your My Documents root directory. It will be fixed in PR1.2, when it's released.

The Following User Says Thank You to shiny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Hi, welcome to the forums. Please use the search button before posting (especially if you're new); this particular issue was answered a long time ago, and has had countless two-post threads exactly like this one since. Thanks.
Yes it was already answered.

Someone merge this thread please.

It's a bug you need to have less than 32 files in your N900's folder or "/home/user/MyDocs/"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The following threads have been merged into this thread:
  • "[Bug 5838] Double / Duplicate Folders in the File Manager" with thirteen posts
  • "Weird problem with PR1.1.1" with seven posts
  • "Double folder on my n900" with eight posts
  • "File Manager Items Listed Twice" with two posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
Yes it was already answered.

Someone merge this thread please.

It's a bug you need to have less than 32 files in your N900's folder or "/home/user/MyDocs/"
Thank you I deleted some pics and random my stuffs and made less then 32 files the problem got FIXED

I tried to deleted all random files didnt help but this one was helped
so if anyone having same problem this way will make problem gone!!

maemo connection via WinSCP removed duplicate folders issue for me

Tags
audio video, bug, bug 5838, directories, directories shown twice, documents, double directories, double folders, doubled directories, doubled folders, duplicate directories, duplicate folders, file, file manager, folders, folders shown twice, fremantle, items, maemo, maemo 5, manager