Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Fairly strange, that.

I tried several combinations, mounting with/without the ubi device attached etc, and only time that error happens is when you try to do it as user.
As root, it never gives that error.
i get the same error as user or as root

Code:
~# whoami
root
~# mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
Code:
~ $ whoami
user
~ $  mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt
should I throw away my n9? :P

One thing came to my mind... Yo said you booted the device at some point?

After you boot the device, you must attach the ubi device before mounting, sou you need to do this:

Code:
/usr/sbin/ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 4
mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt/
You never need to give the commands for flash_erase or ubimkvol again, but every time you want to mount it, you need to attach it before that.
i reboot after (/usr/sbin/flash_erase /dev/mtd4 0 0)
because (/usr/sbin/ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 4) dont work

after reboot i done
/usr/sbin/ubimkvol /dev/ubi0 -N var -m
mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt
and i got error on the mount

now i tryed to reboot again and as you said i done
Code:
mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt/
but i have the same error on the mount
Code:
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~# /usr/sbin/ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -m 4
UBI device number 0, total 1833 LEBs (473001984 bytes, 451.1 MiB), available 0 LEBs (0 bytes), LEB size 258048 bytes (252.0 KiB)
RM696-21-3_PR_001:~# mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt

I also have the same error as phoenix986.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Are you sure you're doing this with devel-su instead of "opensh"?

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
I don't understand what bugs you mean, I have been running my device always in open mode, (both PR1.2 and with PR1.3 since it came out) and I have never gotten my device crashed, not when installing anything nor ever else...

Can you point me to the cases when open mode has caused such problems?
I also follow the N9QTweak thread, and in the past I had Open Mode Kernel for NITdroid.
Many people, like me, when installing, for example, two or more tweaks or sub-tweaks at the same time, after the first, the second or randomly, the system close N9QTweak (with installation in progress, interrupted) and goes to home screen.. The same happened, randomly, with installation of apps: in a first time it seems that is installing, but randomly the installation crash and goes to desktop with apps not installed..
The above is common to all that have open Mode kernel.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Are you sure you're doing this with devel-su instead of "opensh"?
Yes, I typed “devel-su“, then I typed the password, and typed the command. I have tried with the open mode kernal and without.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by death_jax View Post
I also follow the N9QTweak thread, and in the past I had Open Mode Kernel for NITdroid.
Many people, like me, when installing, for example, two or more tweaks or sub-tweaks at the same time, after the first, the second or randomly, the system close N9QTweak (with installation in progress, interrupted) and goes to home screen.. The same happened, randomly, with installation of apps: in a first time it seems that is installing, but randomly the installation crash and goes to desktop with apps not installed..
The above is common to all that have open Mode kernel.
OK, but those are bugs of N9QTweak, they are not related to open mode in any way, IMHO.

BTW, I am not using any modifications on my device like N9QTweak, FasterN9, OC modules, etc. Only extra "tweaks" I have are Profilematic and Home Screen Settings. I have NOT tested ubiboot with any other setup.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
Yes, I typed “devel-su“, then I typed the password, and typed the command. I have tried with the open mode kernal and without.
Well, does your "dmesg" show anything relating to FS corruption or like? If you have too many ecc errors on the NAND then the mtd4 partition cannot be used and it will be mounted read-only.

I have been told that some of the NAND chips are quite error prone, and that is the reason Nokia did not use the mtd4 partitions for /var filesystem as was original intent.

There is another way to store the boot manager, using initramfs on a mmcblk0 partition. I will have to explore that as an alternative if many people start getting the write errors on mtd4.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by Phoenix986 View Post
after a reboot it worked without error

EDIT: now i get this
Code:
~ # mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt
this is the previous
Code:
~# /usr/sbin/ubiattach /dev/ubi_ctrl -p /dev/mtd4
UBI device number 0, total 1833 LEBs (473001984 bytes, 451.1 MiB), available 1811 LEBs (467324928 bytes, 445.7 MiB), LEB size 258048 bytes (252.0 KiB)

~# /usr/sbin/ubimkvol /dev/ubi0 -N var -m
Set volume size to 467324928
Volume ID 0, size 1811 LEBs (467324928 bytes, 445.7 MiB), LEB size 258048 bytes (252.0 KiB), dynamic, name "var", alignment 1

~# mount -t ubifs ubi0:var /mnt
try:

Code:
opensh
aegisctl +r
then see if that worked.

My"Current Project(s)":
[Resurrecting] DON

The Following User Says Thank You to humble For This Useful Post:
Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
OK, but those are bugs of N9QTweak, they are not related to open mode in any way, IMHO.

BTW, I am not using any modifications on my device like N9QTweak, FasterN9, OC modules, etc. Only extra "tweaks" I have are Profilematic and Home Screen Settings. I have NOT tested ubiboot with any other setup.
The problem is not related with N9QTweak (there are many discussions about it), because I wrote that also with normal app installation there was that bug.. In addition to that, the N9QTweak use only dpkg -i command prompt, in fact when I tried to install some apps with command prompt, I had the same issue, the command prompt automatically exits before the installation was completed.

The Following User Says Thank You to death_jax For This Useful Post: