Notices

Version 0.4.1 fixes the color dialog issue.
I just uploaded it to extras-devel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
how can i return to the original clock . is there any way except uninstalling the app

and could u add an option to change the font of digital clock?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Lemonadium, try what zvogt suggested in the post above yours. Editing /usr/lib/advanced-clock-pluging/clock.py, in line 47, to make it what he said above.

Code:
self.context.set_source_rgb(self.color_r/255.0, self.color_g/255.0, self.color_b/255.0)
I'm going to test this myself in a minute, will edit post if it works and solves it like it did for zvogt.

- Edit -

Oh, wait, looks like Wonko already fixed it. Damn that was fast. Wonko, you're awesome.

- Edit 2 -

Also, as the number of clock styles becomes more and more numerous (possible, certainly), since the clock styles do not actually need to be marked as executable, and don't need to have any user permissions, perhaps it may be useful to symlink the /usr/lib/advanced-clock-plugin/ folder, or at least the /usr/lib/advanced-clock-plugin/clocks/ folder, into somewhere in /opt, or even somewhere in the MyDocs partition, just so that they don't take up rootfs space.

Of course, right now the Clock Style scripts are tiny and there's only a handful, so it's not a big deal, but it may be useful in the future.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2010-12-26 at 22:08. Reason: Suggestion

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Wonko, your app is awesome.. this app was a surprise to me
Few wishes:
1>moving the advanced clock settings to the Settings folder would be nice.
2>Option to set beep for every hour (if that is possible)

Seasons greeting to you and all maemo lovers

The Following User Says Thank You to leojab For This Useful Post:
Leojab: He's getting the first one implemented, he already said that. The second one... might actually be possible, not sure if he wants to include it in this one. It should be doable in the clock style though.

Something like should work, if I understand it correctly:
Code:
if str(self.time.second) == 00 :
    if str(self.time.minute) == 00 :
        [python code for playing sound file]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
This is coming along in leaps and bounds! A few suggestions/requests..

Could the date and time read across horizontally rather than one above the other?

Could the font match the one used with Theme Customizer?

Would it be possible to have the date format match the one suggested in "Language & region" in Settings menu?

Could the date and time read across horizontally rather than one above the other?
Sure, but it would probably take a lot of your status bar space, to the point where it completely hides the part to the right of the status area (the part where most applications put their menus) in portrait mode. Which depending on how much you like using your stuff in portrait mode, may be unconvenient for you.

In the meantime, I can quickly make a clock style for you that does what you're asking for. What size font would you like (don't have to give a number, just pick whatever already existing style has the font size you want, and say bigger/smaller if you'd prefer.

Could the font match the one used with Theme Customizer?
It's doable, yes. I am not sure if he wants to take it that way (though he probably does, he's very responsive to letting users have the options they want), but the main problem is probably integration. You'd have to look at DLivil's source code for Theme Customizer, see how it fetches/changes the system font, etc.

If you can make the clock (or specific clock style) read the system font and use it, then it will probably change with theme customizer changes (though it may require a hildon-status-menu restart whenever you make a change in theme customizer).

Would it be possible to have the date format match the one suggested in "Language & region" in Settings menu?
Same as before, yes, it probably would be, but you'd have to know where that setting it stored, and have a way for the python code to read it. I'm not sure how much effort Nokia put into documenting the way to integrate the Language & Region date format with other applications.

Worse case scenario, you edit the python code of the clock for which you want to change the date.

They're always
Code:
str(self.time.day).zfill(X) + "Y" + str(self.time.month).zfill(X) + "Y" + str(self.time.year).zfill(X)
Where X is the amount of spaces you want it to take at a minimum so if you want January to show up as 01 instead of 1, you use .zfill(2), etc. Y is the dividing character. So if you want Jan first of one CE to be like this: 01.01.0001, you'd put a . between the "" in the above code. If you want 01/01/0001, you put /, etc. And then you can arrange those around, so if you want that screwed up American way of doing it, with Month/Day/Year, you'd do:
Code:
str(self.time.month).zfill(2) + "/" + str(self.time.day).zfill(2) + "/" + str(self.time.year).zfill(4)
You may have to redo it with every update, but it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saint Louis, MO, USA
So I'm not a python guy, but just a couple minutes on google turned up the strftime method. it seems like something like:
text = self.time.strftime("%X")
would be simpler than the brute force string manipulation I'm seeing in the current clocks/ code.
At the bottom of this page: http://docs.python.org/library/datetime.html is a table showing all of the valid format options.

I actually think it would be cool if the interface would allow the user to input a custom format string using the arguments from that table, and would just render that input as a custom clock.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zvogt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Latest update has a font chooser and an alarm indicator checkbox. Great work!

As zvogt says, (if I understand correctly!) it would be great to be able to specify your own format from the settings too.

Great little plugin this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenholler For This Useful Post: