Notices

it's not link, it's a repository address for apt-get. it should be copied to /etc/apt/sources.list as a whole, starting with "deb" and ending with "devel". it's a forum who turns the part of it into the link.

i don't give direct links to packages 'cause i'm updating 'em from time to time, so it is much easier to add repository and then use apt-get. but if you really want the hard way, here are direct links:
awish_0.0.1-2_armel.deb
awish-data_0.0.1-2_armel.deb

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
thank I get it X)

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Please consider uploading your game to extras-devel, a lot more people will notice it than if you only post it on TMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
it's not ready for this yet i think. i want to know if it works at all for other people, do some polishing, etc. this is my first work for n900 (and first time i'm doing debian packages), so i think it needs some more testing before uploading to public repo. %-)

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by ketmar View Post
it's not ready for this yet i think. i want to know if it works at all for other people, do some polishing, etc. this is my first work for n900 (and first time i'm doing debian packages), so i think it needs some more testing before uploading to public repo. %-)
Well, actually extras-devel is supposed to be used for that kind of experiments. Users should not install the application from there unless they really know what they are doing (99% times that's not the case).

Anyhow welcome to the amazing world of Maemo development. I'm looking forward to see more contributions from you.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
actually, it uses my own build system, so i should upload that too. i'll take a closer look at uploading process soon.

>welcome to the amazing world of Maemo development
thank you.

>I'm looking forward to see more contributions from you
i have Jim Tcl in my repo -- a small and nice Tcl interpreter. it's building is straightforward, so maybe i'll try that first.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
small update: it is now possible to install/uninstall Awish with HAM, and the game now have desktop icon, so no more xterm magic. it is also possible to save and load game-in-progress.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
Hi @ketmar installed your repo but it failed to fetch the http
Thanks for your reply

hm. just checked it from my n900: everything seems to work ok. note that repo uses port 81 as opposed to standard 80, so check if your network allows connections to this port.

and i must say that my ISP is not the best one, so my server can be inaccessible sometimes (or so slow that it triggers connection timeout). just wait for a hour or two and try again.

if you will not able to connect for day or two (i'm assuming you're doing everything right and the sole problem is internet connection %-), drop a message here and i will upload .deb packages to some filesharing site. but this way you will not get updates and bugfixes. %-(

The Following User Says Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post:
another update: added 'thumb' repository for those who using CSSU_thumb.

The Following User Says Thank You to ketmar For This Useful Post: