Hello, all.

Is it possible to somehow disable auto-rotation in Opera Mobile? The MeeGo version doesn't seem to have an option for it in its settings menu, and the "Home Screen Settings" app's "lock orientation to portrait" setting doesn't effect Opera.

Any help appreciated.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Arf the Lab View Post
Hello, all.

Is it possible to somehow disable auto-rotation in Opera Mobile? The MeeGo version doesn't seem to have an option for it in its settings menu, and the "Home Screen Settings" app's "lock orientation to portrait" setting doesn't effect Opera.

Any help appreciated.
IIRC its not possible to lock Opera's orientation due to it being closed and the app itself having this hard-coded... You can check the Opera thread for the N9; a number of people have requested this already...

Hello !
Maybe you can !
You can try to deactivate sensors ..
I think is some tthing like :
initctl sensord stop
And to restart
initctl sensord start
You have to launch this commands with root user...

Bye bye

Originally Posted by titilambert View Post
Hello !
Maybe you can !
You can try to deactivate sensors ..
I think is some tthing like :
initctl sensord stop
And to restart
initctl sensord start
You have to launch this commands with root user...

Bye bye
Cheers for the tip! I've been wanting to do this for a while, but didn't think of disabling the sensors entirely. For some reason initctl doesn't work when called from a shell script, but you can add an alias to shorten the command.

Add the following to ~/.profile:

alias om='devel-su -c "/sbin/initctl stop sensord > /dev/null 2>&1 || true && devel-su -c \"/opt/operamobile-labs/bin/operamobile-labs > /dev/null 2>&1\" - user && /sbin/initctl start sensord" && exit'

Save, restart the terminal, and type "om". Enter the root password, and opera will launch locked in that orientation. When you exit, it'll unlock again. It's a hacky solution (note the nested devel-su ), but it'll do for now!

Last edited by asdfghjkl; 2013-01-12 at 08:50.