Notices

It's cool men. Anyone know how to start an application from x-term then? I can't access the back up application but I'm try to see if i can do a restore from there. Help anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to dagee04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
well, this is a very nice app, and the usability has improved a lot with the new icons and colors recently. good work.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by dagee04 View Post
It's cool men. Anyone know how to start an application from x-term then? I can't access the back up application but I'm try to see if i can do a restore from there. Help anyone?
From xterm type (not in root):

Code:
osso-backup
Thanks to MohammedAG..I love this guy
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=573637&postcount=6

The Following User Says Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
From xterm type (not in root):

Code:
osso-backup
Thanks to MohammedAG..I love this guy
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=573637&postcount=6
Yeah.. he is one of the Titans of T.M.O in my mind.

Hello, thanks for this very useful alternative to app manager. I have a question/request about the repositories.

Faster application manager does not read the repositories which are currently disabled under app manager. Is this intentional/can it be changed? No major problem though currently unless it is able to replace app manager in the future.

Also, when fapman reads the repositories from app manager it uses different names for them. Any chance it can use the same names as the app manager? For example, I have Qole repository under app man but it appears as "Repository" under fapman.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lasman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Love this application
But is it intended that fapman updates the catalogs every time you hit the Install apps or upgrade apps -button? It makes it now unusable for me because it takes 7 minutes to update all catalogs @ 2G network...

I'm using thr latest devel-version.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
This is just a random thought, but is it possible to use differential updates for the repositories? I seem to recall reading about that being implemented in some app managers/repos but don't know if it's possible with m.o.
I have no idea
I thought that differential updates get used automatically by apt-get if the repos support it...

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
As an enhancement, could we get the list of last-installed apps? I do some beta testing and I keep forgetting what's being added. The log is less helpful.

So, maybe, a log of installed apps in order, or, better yet, sort uninstall list by date installed?
Sorting installed apps by date will be there in the next version.

Originally Posted by nesrazz View Post
CONTINUOUS is this error. What can I do
Uh... Maybe see the log for details?

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Sorry. It shouldn't do like that. It is just a cache dir to my knowledge. I have cleared that dir before without problems.
/var/lib/dpkg/info is NOT just a cache and removing it's contents is a VERY bad idea. Dpkg can't really remove your installed packages after that.

Originally Posted by lasman View Post
Faster application manager does not read the repositories which are currently disabled under app manager. Is this intentional/can it be changed? No major problem though currently unless it is able to replace app manager in the future.
It's intentional because reading the hildon app manager settings (where the disabled repos and names are stored) requires a bit more work Could be changed in the future.

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Love this application
But is it intended that fapman updates the catalogs every time you hit the Install apps or upgrade apps -button? It makes it now unusable for me because it takes 7 minutes to update all catalogs @ 2G network...
It's not supposed to do it every time. It should do it only if the previous update has failed, if the catalogs are older than 24h or if the hildon application manager has done an update and changed the repo settings (system autoupdate in the background can do this). As a workaround you can use the "remove apps" shortcut in the main menu and then change the status filter, it bypasses the check. I'll add an option to disable the checks in the next version.

Originally Posted by Seven89 View Post
That's the first thing I checked when I started experiencing that error.
My repository list contains 8 entries, which are all enabled.
It just won't show anything to install, though.
Any ideas?
What does your log show after updating the catalogs?

Last edited by hqh; 2010-07-19 at 09:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by hqh View Post
It's not supposed to do it every time. It should do it only if the previous update has failed, if the catalogs are older than 24h or if the hildon application manager has done an update and changed the repo settings (system autoupdate in the background can do this). As a workaround you can use the "remove apps" shortcut in the main menu and then change the status filter, it bypasses the check. I'll add an option to disable the checks in the next version.

What does your log show after updating the catalogs?
For me it runs the "update catalogs" every time, even if I first hit the update catalogs -button and then right after install applications -button. Log shows two catalog updates one after another.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
For me it runs the "update catalogs" every time, even if I first hit the update catalogs -button and then right after install applications -button. Log shows two catalog updates one after another.
Found one bug related to this, it will be fixed in the next version.

I really want to thank you for this application.. It is exactly what the phone needs

I can't understand why Nokia's application manager still operates the way it does..

Thank god for open source and people like you who develop apps like those