Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I usually call it by the proximity sensor trigger (cover the sensor for a couple of seconds and then move away)

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
anyword on that update hope youre alright m2cm2c

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
It would be nice to see further updates, there are still some issues with the script:

- The menu is sometimes bad readable because the its scrolling not far enough when you touch it wrong

- The keyboard is not enabled by default, it takes time to enable it first, without it the focus is quite useless because the screen is dark when you use the slider

- The LEDs don't stay active if you start the record, you have to re-enable them first

- The auto focus bugs sometimes, its only active when you put the finger from the camera button but not when you try to take a picture

- The script goes insane if you use it while no camera app is running and may can even damage the focus?

- There is by default no possibility to disable the proximity sensor which can be quite annoying when you have the hand over it while you take pics

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Will not work for me.
When I use the app the screen is black so I cannot see what is in focus or not.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Stupid me.
worked out how to make it work
Is there any way of having zoom and focus working at same time?
At the momemt I need to disable live focus to get zoom function back.

My N900 dual LED flash lights were on during video recording, but it suddenly stopped working. Only RED LED is on, any clues?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
So...is it working for anyone???

works...pls read the 1st post clearly !.. easiest way is to cover the proximity sensor for 2 secs and remove....

m2cm2c any plans to update the app ? i/many would love to have continuous auto focus...i mean to auto focus every 5 secs while recording.

nkirk.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by eitama View Post
Good news!!!

For those who don't like the problems the proximity feature introduces, I found out how to disable it!!!

It is super easy.
  • In your preffered way, find a way to edit the "lfocuswi.py" file.
  • The file is located inside "/usr/lib/hildon-desktop" folder.
  • remove lines 97 - 101 completely (or comment them)
  • This will disable proximity sensor trigger.
  • Reboot your phone - And thats it.
  • Keep in mind, if you update this app with a newer version then the latest which is 0.528-4, this change will be overwritten - but, if there is a new version it means the developer is back and he will solve the problems anyway (i think).
  • We can just thank the original developer for developing this great app, and doing it in python while sharing the code, allowing us to hack it easily.
[....]
Even with the latest version of the script, I didn't like the proximity sensor option (I am left-handed and constantly activate it without meaning to) so I switched it off using this method.
The version of the script is different; I now commented out lines 172-192 (the whole if-then-else part starting with 'if pxs == 1:')
It seems to work. Eitama, is that what you did as well?

I don't think the original developer m2cm2c is still active here, so I didn't bother requesting it.
By the way, it still works with the new camera-ui but the view goes black when the menu item comes up, so the keys are the only useful method now. But I preferred that anyway.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Wow this looks pretty cool!

This is such a huge thread I didn't read through it all the way, but have you considered giving something towards Nicolai's "camera-ui2" project?

I don't know if your projects differ too much anymore, but maybe you could give a hand here and there, share experiences, problems etc.?

Nicolai's project:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70870

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cjp; 2011-04-23 at 08:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:

Tags
lfocus