Notices

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
You can find obex start command in
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/obexd.service

(On N900, but should be the same on N9)

Not sure, but it might be no good idea to edit this file, as it might also brick your device!?
Thanks! I was grepping through /etc without finding anything. I took the plunge, and edited the file. And lo and behold, nothing bad happened - obexd is now starting with the --irmc switch. Haven't had time to test it on the handsfree yet, but I have lots of faith in this

Thanks for your help, both of you!

I am using N900 since 2 years and have no issues so far. I have 2011 Jetta and using the Bluetooth with no phone book and no issues.

From the link
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP, I have updated my phone for the PBAP as exactly mentioned. I do see the Phone book in my carkit and I can make the calls but the biggest issue is

"The other side can hear me, but I can't hear them and also I can't hear the phone ringing sound too. But when I receive a call, I can hear the ring, but I can't hear from them."

Can you please some one help me if I need to updated anything to my N900 or at least let me know, how can revert back my N900 before this update. I am fine living with no phonebook in the carkit as long as I can get the audio in bothways.

Your help is always appreciated.

Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
obexd is now starting with the --irmc switch. Haven't had time to test it on the handsfree yet
Well, it might have been a success, I'm just not sure Earlier my handsfree said "Phonebook not supported", now it says "Phonebook empty". But I also tried on my girlfriends Audi A1, which uses PBAP - and the phonebook were emtpy there as well.

I have read about problems with contacts that are synchronized, so I disabled my MfE account, and created a couple of new contacts, but nothing changed.

I've read there will be lots of fixes regarding Bluetooth-compatibility in later releases, so I will just wait impatiently and hope for the best

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sjordet View Post
I've read there will be lots of fixes regarding Bluetooth-compatibility in later releases, so I will just wait impatiently and hope for the best
Bad news, upgraded to PR1.1 (flashed via NSU, not OTA update) but phone book access in my car is as broken as before :-(

Anyone has more success with PR1.1?

Can someone please tell me where I can find the contacts db on my N9 and how to view it on my PC? Just want to make sure there are no weird special characters causing the trouble...

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Bad news, upgraded to PR1.1 (flashed via NSU, not OTA update) but phone book access in my car is as broken as before :-(

Anyone has more success with PR1.1?
Same here, no fun neither with IrMC nor PBAP still. But I'm still crossing my fingers for PR1.2

Hello can anybody help me?
For me it isn't working. What is irritating me is that wen i put in
ps | grep obex
i only get back:
1817 user 8336 S /usr/lib/obex/obexd --nodaemon --opp --ftp --pbap --i
2001 root 2088 S grep obex
so i think that's not the complete command it looks like it is cut after the --i
is that normal or is there something wrong?

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Someone already filed a bug regarding transfer of phone book to carkit
Please vote for it guys...

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Zoetermeer - Netherlands
I bought an Opel Insignia with a DVD800 system. With the steps in the wiki my n900 worked. I can call someone from my phonebook. Thanks!

I added my car in the wiki, for other users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madmax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by svuce View Post
... I can make the calls but the biggest issue is

"The other side can hear me, but I can't hear them and also I can't hear the phone ringing sound too. But when I receive a call, I can hear the ring, but I can't hear from them." ...
My problem is a bit off this conversation, but anyway... My bluetooth connection with the carkit gives me headaches.

I bought an Iqua PHF-302 carkit. Nothing fancy with a phone book, but it should do the trick. Now I can make one call, and then strange things happen. I don't hear calls coming in, the N900 becomes slow and I may not hear the caller or vice versa.

Solution (not): switch off the carkit, turn off Bluetooth, and turn everything on again. Sounds a bit like Windows...
I did install the Linux kernel for power users 48. Is that it?

Thanks, Rob

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2012-01-20 at 20:16.

All, just wanted to pass along that I tried this on my N9 with the upgraded PR1.2 firmware and the issue is still prevalent:

Can't transfer phonebook information to my E92 2011 BMW. Can't believe that the developers resolved the ticket. Hopefully the community comes through here.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile