Notices

Sorry for the delay. I have fixed HtheB's issue, and will build a new package and upload tomorrow.
carepack: I am still looking into the cause of your bug, have not found a cause yet (haven't managed to reproduce yet despite adding contact names like Münøt, but still trying).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Sorry for the delay. I have fixed HtheB's issue, and will build a new package and upload tomorrow.
carepack: I am still looking into the cause of your bug, have not found a cause yet (haven't managed to reproduce yet despite adding contact names like Münøt, but still trying).
taixzo,

thx for commenting and good debuggin! Take you're time :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to carepack For This Useful Post:
I have uploaded a new build to OpenRepos. This should solve issues if you have no music or contacts on your device.

I have also added the ability to control CuteSpot as well as the default media player. It will control whichever player is open, defaulting to jolla mediaplayer if both or neither are.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Sneak peek of an upcoming feature: ask Saera what song is playing and it will be identified using audio fingerprinting.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks for the update!

Loading contacts takes ages to load
And after that, Initializing speech recognition never ends loading
Debug doesn't give me any errors...

Edit:
Maybe you should add a 'daemon' so it can run directly without loading once you close the window. (It would be very useful to do quick actions like when it's in the Pulley Menu at the lockscreen)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hello. Despite searching through the tread I have found no way to change Saeras weather information from fahrenheits to celcius. Is this even possible on Sailfish?

Nice app!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Thanks for the update!

Loading contacts takes ages to load
And after that, Initializing speech recognition never ends loading
Debug doesn't give me any errors...
Whoops, I just realized that my fix doesn't actually fix the error, as it happens two lines earlier than I thought. I am making a new version that will hopefully finally fix this bug once and for all.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Edit:
Maybe you should add a 'daemon' so it can run directly without loading once you close the window. (It would be very useful to do quick actions like when it's in the Pulley Menu at the lockscreen)
I want to do this, although I haven't figured out yet how to make a PyOtherSide app work without the window open. I also would like to add a "listen" button to the bottom of the notifications panel (as it is accessible from everywhere with a single swipe), if I can ever figure out how. (It might be a patchmanager thing. I'm not sure there's an official Jolla api for adding persistent items to that view.)

Speaking of unofficial APIs, I found a hack to get bluetooth headset support working (i.e. you press headset button for Saera to start listening). The hack, though, is that you have to (as root) edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf and change the line "HFP=true" to "HFP=false". That makes the button accessible to DBus, although I don't know what other effects it may have. I still have no idea how to talk to headsets in HFP mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hello. Despite searching through the tread I have found no way to change Saeras weather information from fahrenheits to celcius. Is this even possible on Sailfish?

Nice app!
Settings does not exist yet; this is planned though (including switches for fahrenheit/celcius, miles/kilometers, and settings for power usage vs response time). This should be coming in a future update.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Hey, I saw this on Engadget today and thought it may be of your interest:

Alexa Voice Service Now Available in Developer Preview

The free Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the same service that powers Amazon Echo, is now available in developer preview to hobbyists and hardware makers who want to integrate Alexa into their connected devices. AVS enables your customers to speak to Alexa through the microphone on your device and Alexa will respond through the device’s speakers. With the developer preview, you get access to a collection of self-service tools, documentation, and APIs and code samples to enhance your device and delight your customers with new voice experiences. Alexa includes access to information, music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic and more, including any custom skills you create using the Alexa Skills Kit to differentiate your device. Learn more about the developer preview.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Hey, I saw this on Engadget today and thought it may be of your interest:

Alexa Voice Service Now Available in Developer Preview
That means off-board voice recognition, i.e. your voice and data on someone else's computer. No thanks.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text