Notices

Installed libconfig8 and tried it but it doesn't work for me. Screen with only TelegramGui - nerdking appears but after a few seconds closes.
No error message.
Also tried to remove data from old sessions.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Installed libconfig8 and tried it but it doesn't work for me. Screen with only TelegramGui - nerdking appears but after a few seconds closes.
No error message.
Also tried to remove data from old sessions.
There are two libconfig packages in extras-devel, libconfig8 and libconfig++8 , maybe you need both. Try installing both packages.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2015-07-25 at 18:02.

Thanks Sohil876 - unfortunately that didn't help. I also tried to install libssl-dev but that resulted in dependency hell. libssl has two versions available 0.9.8 and 0.9.7
0.9.8 was initially installed and I installed 0.9.7 too didn't help though.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Well if you have everything installed then maybe they changed the api or something which broke older apps.

I also tried to install libssl-dev but that resulted in dependency hell...
Why are you installing -dev packages on device? you dont need development headers to use apps, you need them only if youre compiling from source.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2015-07-25 at 22:49.

Originally Posted by Sohil876 View Post
Why are you installing -dev packages on device? you dont need development headers to use apps, you need them only if youre compiling from source.
You are right, but because the program didn't work and didn't produce an error message I just gave it a shot.
Nobody else reported the same issue so I guess I must be doing something differently. Maybe compiling telegram on easydebian will work. Will give that a try later today.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Archangel, Russia
Isn't there any ways to use purple-protocol-telegram within Conversations and Contacts? Or maybe somebody compiled telegram plugin for Telepathy on N900?
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to kostett For This Useful Post:
To me telegram starts, but closes in a short time reporting this in terminal
Code:
~/telegram $ ./TelegramGui 
Telegram-client version 0.01-beta, Copyright (C) 2013 Vitaly Valtman
Telegram-client comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show_license'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `show_license' for details.
 *** Connect with 31.210.235.12:443 timeout
 *** Can not create connection to DC. Is network down?
~/telegram $
tried on both 3g and wlan...

Forgot to say, already registered and used successfully cli version; deleted old folder and extracted new one; maybe should I delete some config file located somewhere?

Still hoping a wizard will help us out here. I would expect it to be easier to port Telegram than Whatsapp but the latter has better support. https://web.telegram.org might be a solution that works on one of the available browsers. Haven't tested that yet and tbh I am slightly worried about security risks on the N900 browsers.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
https://web.telegram.org might be a solution that works on one of the available browsers. Haven't tested that yet and tbh I am slightly worried about security risks on the N900 browsers.
I tried this. MicroB fails to render the page. Opera does, but seems to jam on generating the keys. Perhaps I was impatient but many many minutes passed, and .....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I tried this. MicroB fails to render the page. Opera does, but seems to jam on generating the keys. Perhaps I was impatient but many many minutes passed, and .....
Installing a - supported with security updates - recent version of debian (easy debian) is on my to-do list. Hope to be able to install at least a recent browser then and be able to try the webapp.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:

Tags
spyware, telescam