Notices

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I'm OK with embedding JavascriptCore in a daemon.
I'm not OK with embedding full-blown browser in a daemon.
The settings part is in fact in the UI part of the Pebble Android app No sure if we will need more than a JS engine in the daemon.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
The settings part is in fact in the UI part of the Pebble Android app No sure if we will need more than a JS engine in the daemon.
Yes the settings part is and should be in the ui part here too.
Problem is that the "companion" part also needs XMLHttpRequest and GPS thing which is not supported by QScriptEngine, only QWebkit

My idea would be doing the app handlers as a separate deamon and communicate with the main daemon. (dbus?)

The pebble js kit handler would be a separate deamon like one for SmartStatus+ for example.

The app deamon could be activated or suspended by the main daemon based on the launcher message (49) from the pebble (not sure if the message is sent reliable)

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
Problem is that the "companion" part also needs XMLHttpRequest and GPS thing which is not supported by QScriptEngine
These are easy enough to code in C++.

My idea would be doing the app handlers as a separate deamon and communicate with the main daemon. (dbus?)
I see no reason to split them into separate processes. Just adds another layer of complication.

Was just an idea to not bloat the main deamon with app handlers the user probably don't use.

I still would suggesst adding some kind of dbus interface to allow third party apps to communicate with pebble.

Was just an idea to not bloat the main deamon with app handlers the user probably don't use.
AFAIU the idea is to load JS "companion app" only for the time when the "watch app" is active on Pebble. When user closes the watch app, the companion app is unloaded.

I still would suggesst adding some kind of dbus interface to allow third party apps to communicate with pebble.
Good, but unrelated, idea.

Great.

I looked at the app and had some problems with it.

1. 99% of the time it does not show the caller id. I noticed that it seams to be a problem with the dbus thing. lineId is empty. But dbus-monitor shows the lineId. (probably getAll vs get)
2. The app does not work. (always no watch found) while the daemon connects and at least call notifications get triggered
3. I have problems compiling. While compiling "lib" i get warnings but it does compile:
Code:
ln: creating symbolic link `libpebble.so': Read-only file system
make: [libpebble.so.1.0.0] Error 1 (ignored)
ln: creating symbolic link `libpebble.so.1': Read-only file system
ln: creating symbolic link `libpebble.so.1.0': Read-only file system
And daemon/app fails to link with
Code:
"/opt/cross/bin/armv7hl-meego-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find -lpebble"
I use windows and the virtualbox mersdk to compile.

Any tips?

1. I get that too, but very rarely. Possibly a Nemo bug.

2. I broke it in 0.2. Already fixed in 0.3.

3. These errors are very weird. Possibly some issues with your SDK. Do you have it freshly installed or upgraded from some earlier Alpha?

Ok,

about the compile problem:

With Virtual Box 4.1.8 creating symlinks on shares is disabled.
After enabling it, it still does not work, "protocol error", i guess thats because i use windows as host.

Copying the libpebble.so.1.0.0 to libpebble.so manually works and daemon and app now compiles.

2. The app does not work. (always no watch found) while the daemon connects and at least call notifications get triggered
Was it working for you in 0.1?

I'm pretty sure it was working fine in 0.1 with daemon running, but I cannot reproduce it now.
I always have a resource busy error when app tries to connect to pebble. Looks like I cannot open two concurrent connections to Pebble. Even when I downgraded to 0.1. Strange. I'm (pretty) sure it was working before...

I have no Pebble yet, so excuse the maybe dumb question .

Is it possible to install an application to the Pebble like Twebble and use it via your lib?

Tags
pebble, pebble time, pebbled