"The Nokia N900 is inked in the diary to go on sale in the fourth quarter of 2009 in selected markets,
If history repeats, that means I/we can expect the French version no sooner than next january...

and will cost around 500 Euros, excluding the usual regional taxes and subsidies."
... and around 600€...

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
And I love the fact that you are marketing the N900 (thanks for officially naming it the 'community's name, btw) as a 'mobile computer'. That is what these devices are all about.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Looks nice, will have to see how much it's subsidised. 500 notes is a lot of money for something with a smaller screen than I'm used to. Unless that N920 will fix that?

Not keen on the browser zooming though. Multi-touch was an elegant solution to a problem that didn't exist; this feels like a cludgy attempt to mimic multi-touch, which is unnecessary. The zoom buttons on my n800 work perfectly, and sit right under where my fingers naturally sit. Ho-hum.

Where is the "I want it right now in my hands!" button?!

Originally Posted by pixelseventy2 View Post

Not keen on the browser zooming though. Multi-touch was an elegant solution to a problem that didn't exist; this feels like a cludgy attempt to mimic multi-touch, which is unnecessary. The zoom buttons on my n800 work perfectly, and sit right under where my fingers naturally sit. Ho-hum.
disagreed, i think its awesome.

i want one soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to REMFwhoopitydo For This Useful Post:
An other promo video of the n900
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUwvaTmXWQ

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:
Anyone know if you can turn the phone off, but leave the data connection on?

"removable battery" as an innovative design? Apple's limitations becoming everyone elses features

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 1,679 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by range View Post

I want to have one, NOW.
Just send me the money... ;-)

PS: Please don't.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter@Maemo Marketing For This Useful Post:
It's clearly targeted as an iPhone killer... if you read through the specs you find stuff like copy-paste, multi-tasking, battery-removing etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to ColdFusion For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900