Notices

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
removed kernel power settings via app mgr
reinstalled it
still not working for me tho bro, cheers anyway

edit:
this thread was the first i found that wasnt locked!
ill flash phone now and avoid all nitdroid threads in the future

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've been reading this thread. I would like to know if it's possible just to get an emulator of sorts just for the Android apps because that's the only reason I want to use Nitdroid for the neat apps which I'm glad to pay for honestly. I like the autoinstaller though. Don't have my N900 as yet but I doubt I would install Nitdroid until it's fully stable with no one having any problems or a stable emulator for just the Android games or some sort of application for just the android games. Thanks

AN UNEXPECTECTED PROBLEM OCCURED,PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER: is what i get when i try to open some apps like The browser and other apps. is it my memory card or?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i had to reflash my device and just reinstalled nitdroid today, but after it loads, it immediately blinks my led red and goes into dead battery and shuts downs android.

the battery is full and the maemo loads fine.

though i am only able to get my device to use the main stock kernel and the nitdroid kernel. i installed the power kernel 40 and it shows before i installed nitdroid, but will not work now that it is installed.

any ideas?

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
sorry to hear that leetut , oc working good on maemo via titan v40 and on nitroid too , i used fix by dj steve (link page 474 or 477 on overclock thread) . i had manual install nitroid and titsn v37 , used fix and all ok , made backup of boot and multiboot.d folders to be safe . used nitroid uninstaller and manual clean of phone using winscp . installed autoinstaller then replaced missing titan v40 items ftom multiboot.d , most important bit is fix i linked to on oc thread , before that was in same boat mate so reconsider and try the fix .
ok im confused...is the titan kernel the enhanced power kernel for advanced users?

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
ok im confused...is the titan kernel the enhanced power kernel for advanced users?
Yes, it is.

The whole infos are a little bit messed about some threads.
It tooks hours for me to find out why OC didn't works on Maemo after installing NITDroid and how to OC on Android.
Finaly all went to good.

Originally Posted by scorpio16v View Post
Yes, it is.

The whole infos are a little bit messed about some threads.
It tooks hours for me to find out why OC didn't works on Maemo after installing NITDroid and how to OC on Android.
Finaly all went to good.
exactly...i have been able to get the titan kernel to work and all to boot correctly now! yeah. but there is so much stuff on the thread, i cannot find where i read to OC the nitdroid kernel to make that run faster.

do you have the code and how/where to enter it, ie-back in maemo x-term, or is there a way i am supposed to do it when the nitdroid is up.

You must mount the Android partition on Maemo.

Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
nano /and/system/etc/power.conf
It's described here:
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=92.0

You must edit the power.conf under /system/etc.

Different profiles are described here:
http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=116.0

hint:
The unmount command didn't work for me, so I have to shoot down maemo and reboot to maemo. After that it was possible to boot NITDroid without errors while booting.
On this example it is described to edit the power.conf with nano,
but you can take your prefered texteditor

easy...but question.

when you have changed the freqs with nano, how to you save and close the nano in order to get back to the standard xterm to unmount?

Sorry, I don't know. I have used the edit option in Midnight Commander.

Try this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-370821.html