Active Topics

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicag0land.
i keep getting this error message in media player. normal .mp4's that played normally more than a few times. in fact the error message on a certain file, i will reset my phone, click it, and it will play normally. i'm not sure what's causing this but anyone else having these problems? anyone else have any suggestions for fixing this?

im just copying some movies to my device now, I'll test in a mo.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
There are several bug reports about this in bugs.maemo.org, namely bug 7618, 7211, 6823, 6165, 5948.
Probably one of them covers your issue. Feel free to vote, but please avoid adding "me too" comments in Bugzilla.
Thanks!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ red city
i would suggest you download kmplayer and the decoders.kmplayer seem to play mkv format for me

I figure if you pay this much cash for something why use another applications for native functions? It should work!

So I had this same media playback issue and I researched it online extensively. I tried everything I saw, having faith in my flashing skills...hehehe...

I was close to giving up and changing to a new fav phone/mini computer ..but ..there was none available.

Its simple. The solution is always remembering to disconnect your N900 properly when connecting to a computer or Mac. In addition...lots of broken packages and application installation problems are the precursor to this issue. Wether they cause it or are a result I do not know.

I solved this nagging problem by connecting to my computer and right clicking the N900 connection icon..selecting properties...tools..check the volume for errors/check now...and automatically check for file system errors..let it run and voila! I did not select the second option, and don't know the outcome if you do.

This has also greatly helped my phones sluggishness and other buggy issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sekou718 For This Useful Post:
Ok. I've pinpointed where this comes from..for me at least.. because it just occurred again and I fixed it again as well!

I used Fast App. Manager..went to download extra codec decoder ..i think v4.0. ...it crashed saying it would conflict with another application or something to that affect. And yet again..no media playback!!

Try it and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for that, Sekou718 .. will try it on my phone. I have a similar sluggishness issue that you mentioned.