Active Topics

any luck with setting the frequency below 88000?

The Following User Says Thank You to yorg For This Useful Post:
Whats the easiest way to apply that long command to echo power level 118 without committing it to memory and typing it out? I tried copy/paste from a note but that doesnt work.

For a temporary solution so I can try it in the car when I leave work I am just leaving the terminal open in the background after having typed it in there once so I can use the up arrow to recall it.

Any more permanent ways to use this command on command?

update: tried it out, not a big improvement for me in the car. Still fades out too easy, very sensitive to positon and even where I drive. Its a combination of weak reception from my car and crowded radio waves.

I did notice something today worth noting, the volume level on the player effects the transmission. Turning it up all the way made it more clear, while lowest volume you can not hear it.

Just a guess but its possible the reason different people are reporting a different transmission strength was due to nothing more than a different volume setting with 118 being the max.

I think the next thing to do is research a signal booster for the car rather than a way to make the N900 transmit better. Though if we find any effective way to make it boosted higher (or change the tuning to an area less crowded) without damaging the unit its a welcome mod.

Last edited by ViciousXUSMC; 2010-01-06 at 13:04.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
You better hurry up Bratag, if you want those songs to have your name in them...
What rhymes with qwerty?

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-01-06 at 20:54.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Uploading a package now... be patient (half hour to show up)... I'll post when it's there and installable...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, I've uploaded fm-boost_0.1-2fremantle1 to the extras-devel repository. It really is just the script developed by Stephen Birch, go1dfish, jsharper, YoDude, DaveQB, and Bratag (with help from others ), a sudoers.d entry, an icon and a menu entry.

People who use this hack need to test it now...

It is in the "System" category.

Standard warning: Beware the Extras-devel repository. Testers should enable the repository, install this package, and then disable the repository.

YoDude: Song to be to the tune of "God Save The King"

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Bug in this version: the icon doesn't show (oops, left the .png extension on!)

Just a note: the new firmware looks like it may set the TX power to 118 by default, thus negating the need for this hack.

Sorry folks - and thanks qole - Work has been crawling up my butt and hasnt given me a lot of packaging free time
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Ok, I've uploaded fm-boost_0.1-2fremantle1 to the extras-devel repository. It really is just the script developed by Stephen Birch, go1dfish, jsharper, YoDude, DaveQB, and Bratag (with help from others ), a sudoers.d entry, an icon and a menu entry.

People who use this hack need to test it now...

It is in the "System" category.

Standard warning: Beware the Extras-devel repository. Testers should enable the repository, install this package, and then disable the repository.

YoDude: Song to be to the tune of "God Save The King"
Just a start..

"Hey qole, take a walk on the wild side.
...and the maemo boys sing,
Do ta do do, do, do, do ta do do do..."

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney

Just a note: the new firmware looks like it may set the TX power to 118 by default, thus negating the need for this hack.
Interesting. That would be good.

New firmware ????????? How do you know about it ?? Any other thing updates that you can share about the new firmware ?