Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Ok, will use the version from github.
I did enable SmartStatus support and I do have watchaps with exactly those two UIDs,
Phone battery status works fine, and I\ve not yet patched media player.
Will play with Meecast kicking as well.
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Are you using the latest SkippingStones version from the github repository (not from OpenRepos)?
Did you push the respective button in SkippingStones for enabling SmartStatus support (You need to scroll down a bit to see those buttons.)?
Are you using exactly those SmartStatus watch apps that are linked to here in this thread?
Are other SmartStatus features, e.g., MediaPlayer control or displaying phone battery status working in the SmartStatus watch apps?

By the way, the weather information on the watch is only updated when the MeeCast app cover is updated.
You could try to add another location and switch between locations and see what happens when the MeeCast app cover is updated.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
I will get a Pebble today, what do I need to know? I have read almost everything in this thread.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by towhatend View Post
I will get a Pebble today, what do I need to know? I have read almost everything in this thread.
Update the pebble with the latest fw. Find someone with an android or ios device, as SkippingStones can't upgrade the watch yet

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
You can run Android on PC. http://www.android-x86.org/

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
I have it now. Awesome! Where can I donate my last money from paypal?

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post:
Is it possible to remove watchfaces I have installed? The one I tested makes my Pebble crash.

Is it possible to remove watchfaces I have installed? The one I tested makes my Pebble crash.
I assume you are using the latest version as available on github and not the version from OpenRepos? See comment below.
In the list with installed apps, try to long press the entry for the app you want to remove.
A menu should appear with an entry for removing the selected watch app.

I have it now. Awesome! Where can I donate my last money from paypal?
Thanks for the feedback.
It's nice to see that people like this app.

With respect to donations: this is actually a little side/fun project of me.
So, while I really appreciate your offers for donating, I don't think that donations will help the project to make progress.
(Of course unless the amount of donations would be enough such that I can make a living from this. )
Anyway, it's very nice to see that people are so happy that they actually offer donations. Thanks for that.

What everyone can do is participate.
You don't have to be a coder.
Participation could also mean supporting people by answering questions here, testing the app and documenting bugs you find on github, or helping in creating documentation.
Of course, code contributions are also appreciated.

PS: I just uploaded my latest version to OpenRepos.
In the github repository, you will find another more up-to-date version by vasvlad. Great thanks again vasvlad for the PR.
The reason why I didn't upload this to OpenRepos is that I just merged the PR very recently and didn't have the time to test the changes yet.
(Before pushing things to OpenRepos, I want to wait some time for feedback etc.)
Of course, here, participating would help as well, sort of like beta testers, to help verifying whether a new version is ready for OpenRepos.

Last edited by Wonko; 2014-06-28 at 07:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
I assume you are using the latest version as available on github and not the version from OpenRepos? See comment below.
In the list with installed apps, try to long press the entry for the app you want to remove.
A menu should appear with an entry for removing the selected watch app.

Thanks for the feedback.
It's nice to see that people like this app.

With respect to donations: this is actually a little side/fun project of me.
So, while I really appreciate your offers for donating, I don't think that donations will help the project to make progress.
(Of course unless the amount of donations would be enough such that I can make a living from this. )
Anyway, it's very nice to see that people are so happy that they actually offer donations. Thanks for that.

What everyone can do is participate.
You don't have to be a coder.
Participation could also mean supporting people by answering questions here, testing the app and documenting bugs you find on github, or helping in creating documentation.
Of course, code contributions are also appreciated.

PS: I just uploaded my latest version to OpenRepos.
In the github repository, you will find another more up-to-date version by vasvlad. Great thanks again vasvlad for the PR.
The reason why I didn't upload this to OpenRepos is that I just merged the PR very recently and didn't have the time to test the changes yet.
(Before pushing things to OpenRepos, I want to wait some time for feedback etc.)
Of course, here, participating would help as well, sort of like beta testers, to help verifying whether a new version is ready for OpenRepos.
I see! I´m using version 0.17-1 from your github, is it the same version as the one on openrepos at the moment? I can see 0.17-2 in github as well, what are the changes? Sorry if its a silly question.

I see! I´m using version 0.17-1 from your github, is it the same version as the one on openrepos at the moment?
Yes, this is the very same version. I just uploaded the *.rpm from the dist/ directory in the repository to OpenRepos.

I can see 0.17-2 in github as well, what are the changes? Sorry if its a silly question.
This is the latest version as added by vasvlad.
This is the PR: https://github.com/ruedigergad/SkippingStones/pull/8
These are the changes according to vasvlads comment:
"1. Added possibility to end current phone call
2. Added 'Silence ring' after pressing the down button once"

PS: @towhatend: Did removing the malfunctioning watch app work?

Yes, this is the very same version. I just uploaded the *.rpm from the dist/ directory in the repository to OpenRepos.

This is the latest version as added by vasvlad.
This is the PR: https://github.com/ruedigergad/SkippingStones/pull/8
These are the changes according to vasvlads comment:
"1. Added possibility to end current phone call
2. Added 'Silence ring' after pressing the down button once"

PS: @towhatend: Did removing the malfunctioning watch app work?
Sounds like an nice update, I think I will try it!
It did not work. I was getting in recovery mode. But before that I could not remove it. Only Add was showing!

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post: