Poll: Are the Windows Phone 8 updates enough to make you drop your N9 for the next Windows Phone?
Poll Options
Are the Windows Phone 8 updates enough to make you drop your N9 for the next Windows Phone?

If you can't make the jump to Android (Even Gingerbread has those support and more)... then there's no point even jumping to WP8.

Unless ofcourse the hardware is better and cheaper.

I'm flattered

Well, even if N9 stopped its production, and my current N9 broken, I will still get a N9

The Following User Says Thank You to JethroSang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
I've said this already before but I do not want a smartphone - I want a pocket sized (hackable) computer. so meh to this.

The Nexus or Note would be my first choice if my N900 were to die. Not close source garbage like this

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
OMFG I cant beleive im saying this but WP8 actually looks good

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think that a company will emerge and sell me my next phone after the N9. I probably have not heard of that company yet. The times are still a changin.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
WP8 doesn't have a singe new or innovative feature not already found on other platforms. It is still playing catch-up. There is no compelling advantage to attract Android or ios users. However it may attract users who for some reasons hate these two platforms. Hence WP8 will have to depend on the push factor from other platforms rather than its own pull factor.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
WP8 doesn't have a singe new or innovative feature not already found on other platforms. It is still playing catch-up. There is no compelling advantage to attract Android or ios users. However it may attract users who for some reasons hate these two platforms. Hence WP8 will have to depend on the push factor from other platforms rather than its own pull factor.
You´re right..
only that Android is a messy, often confusing and overwhelming OS...simply not pretty and too common
iOS is quite functional but its looks has been ageing for some time now...the iOS 6 looks no different...boring
WP8...quite nice, real-world experience will tell if it´s worth anything...
MeeGo Harm on N9...by far the best OS in terms of usability...growing lack of any support, updates and apps will culminate in a year or so, at latest...then in our pockets only as a collector´s edition...

just my opinion

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-06-21 at 12:03.

Still no file system access and still a wall-off "ecosystem" to maximize MS profits and prevent users from making more of their devices. We'll see how battery life goes, etc.

More importantly, Nokia just obsoleted their flagship phone two months after it was released. Boy I'd feel violated had I jumped on the Lumia 900 bandwagon!

Other than pretty I don't see much that WP8 offers that I don't already have in the MeeGo, ICS and webOS phones I use regularly.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
i have a N900, and no

Tags
wp8 is dead