Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Are people waiting for Jolla so they can replace their N9s or they hoping it will be the answer to our lack of Apps?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Are people waiting for Jolla so they can replace their N9s or they hoping it will be the answer to our lack of Apps?
Can't answer for everyone. But personally I don't care for apps at all and have several replacments for n9 already. I just want a new toy with a new GUI. (if its up to my standards for a middle-end device)

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Dave, how do you feel about the Xperia P?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Dave, how do you feel about the Xperia P?
Seems ok, but that is an issue for another thread. I have to many androids. Looking for another windows or Jolla phone, depending on what jolla is doing.

Replace N9 primarily. Hopefully the basic set (browser, e-mail, IM etc.) will be there from the start. The rest will come with time.

Harmattan is a dead platform, so lack of development interest shouldn't be surprising. Jolla hopes to fix that as well.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
what lack of apps? I have everything I need on my n9. What I hope with jolla is nextgen n9 with Qt5 etc...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Thanks! Audio is rather poor though (in the Mer video many things are hard to understand). And most replies on the IRC weren't red aloud, so viewers have no idea what the reaction is about
The video was streamed using a basic webcam. The audio is from the webcam's mic. Also I had the mic headset backwards half of the time

Sorry about not repeating all the IRC questions.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
what lack of apps? I have everything I need on my n9. What I hope with jolla is nextgen n9 with Qt5 etc...
Can't say that personally. Lack of video Skype is a problem to start my list of what's lacking.

On a second thought I buy jolla phone no matter what just to piss of Elop. A Beta phone for 500 Eur or $800

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
On a second thought I buy jolla phone no matter what just to piss of Elop.
That will be one of my reasons too!!!

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla